Head of People
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our Main Office is in San Jose, CA but we are open to hiring in Seattle, WA; Madison, WI; the DC Metro Area; or other Amazon locations.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. As the Head of People in charge of Employee Delight, you will be responsible for helping to develop, motivate, and retain a geographically distributed team. You will help design, implement, and champion a strong culture and will position the team to grow quickly. You will help build a world-changing culture from the ground up so we can launch world-changing products with a loyal and long-lasting distributed team.
· Design and bring to life specific, focused, and high-value events and opportunities for professional development for a variety of different professionals ranging from hardware and software engineers to product managers and business development specialists.
· Build opportunities for the team to feel like we are making a difference in the world together.
· Plan opportunities for spontaneous and unscripted fun to build shared experiences, both on the sub-team and the team-wide level.
· Coach managers in all aspects of people development, from performance checkups to promotion.
· Check in with remote team-mates on a routine cadence to ensure well-being and 360-degree support.
· Build mechanisms to facilitate promotions across the team, including helping managers plan and prepare to promote.
· Design and implement a voice for team-wide communication—how should we communicate so that we put our intentions into action (empathy, diversity, equity, and inclusion, in particular).
· Design and implement trainings to facilitate the team culture’s virality and vitality.
· Plan and implement offsites for sub-teams and team-wide.
· Design metrics and collect data to track progress and opportunities.
About the hiring group:
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
· 5+ years of experience in program or project management
· Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
· Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
· Masters degree in communications, human resources, psychology, organizational behavior or development, or related field
· 10+ years as an HR business partner, Head of People, or with Organizational Structure or Coaching
· Demonstrated experience in professional or executive coaching
· Demonstrated experience leading HR or people operations for a team that grew 2-5x in 2-5 years
· Demonstrated experience leading HR or people operations for a remote or distributed team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History