People Research Scientist, People Analytics
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Facebook, we pride ourselves on making data-informed decisions. This includes not only decisions we make about our platform, which serves over 1 billion users, but also how we learn more about our most valuable asset – our people. For instance, we use data to understand how to hire top talent, to ensure our people are engaged, and to support diversity.
We’re looking for an experienced People Research Scientist or data scientist practitioner to join our Future of Work Research and Analytics team. The future of work at Facebook will be more flexible and distributed, as people collaborate across offices and roles. This role will serve as an active partner with our Future of Work team and People Analytics peer teams to help us take a data driven approach to building the future of work at Facebook.
People Research Scientist, People Analytics (Future of Work)
- Apply your expertise in people research, quantitative and qualitative analysis, data science and data visualization to provide insights on a broad spectrum of people issues (e.g. connection, collaboration, productivity, wellbeing, belonging, career growth) as employees work in a mix of hybrid and in-office settings and product design to support such work.
- Help inform the strategy for the Future of Work through metrics and analytics that quantify progress and identify gaps related to organizational health, experience, and effectiveness.
- Partner closely with Future of Work and other People Program owners, and cross-functional teams to identify and clarify critical people issues related to the future of work at Facebook.
- Translate business problems into research questions (e.g., scope research design, define metrics) to inform recommendations on business decisions (e.g., on processes, policies, operations, products).
- Create compelling narratives with data (e.g., data visualizations, slide decks).
- Communicate statistical analyses and results, along with implications, to audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data and issues.
- Work with, learn from, and mentor other team members.
- Execute against multiple projects concurrently.
- MS or PhD in a field emphasizing social science research (e.g., industrial/organizational psychology, organizational behavior, economics, sociology, human computer interaction or other related degree).
- 5+ years experience (or 3+ years experience if possessing PhD) conducting quantitative social science research in an organization or consulting environment.
- Experience applying statistical methods such as linear and logistic regression, quasi-experimental research/causal inference techniques (e.g., propensity score matching, regression discontinuity), longitudinal analysis, or multilevel modeling.
- Experience analyzing data using SQL, R, or Python.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders (e.g., clients, business leaders, program/product owners).
- Experience in survey design.
- Proven judgment in balancing practical business needs and scientific rigor.
- Possess the experience, maturity, presence and judgment to gain credibility and respect with business leaders and experience dealing with senior leadership teams in large organizations.
- Familiarity in qualitative and mixed methods.
- Experience conceiving, developing, running pilot tests, implementing, and continuously improving large-scale people processes.
- Knowledge of algorithms for data mining, machine learning, and natural language processing (NLP).
Austin, TX | Washington, DC | New York, NY | San Francisco, CA | Remote, US
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $162,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses