Head of People Services
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
The People team enables Snap’s continued success by hiring great people, helping them grow, rewarding them, and building healthy and productive workplaces. The People Team is composed of Talent, Total Rewards, IDEA, Data & Analytics, People & Recruiting Operations, Council, and Employee Relations. Together, they collaborate with the business to reinforce our values of Kind, Smart, and Creative across our global offices, every day. This team empowers everyone at Snap to do their best work, be themselves, and feel part of a cohesive, global community.
Snap is seeking a seasoned, dynamic, and strategic leader to build the People Services organization and architect an omni-channel self-service capability for all employees available 24/7 from anywhere on the planet. As Snap experiences it’s next phase of global growth, this individual will have responsibility for automating low level tasks via employee and manager self-service, creating a data driven function that leverages predictive analytics to uncover and address employee needs and pain points, and shaping the HR Technology roadmap and strategy to ensure a best-in-class employee experience.
Reporting to Darcie Henry, the Head of People Services will shape and lead a best-in-class services delivery organization of approximately ___ people committed to delivering consistent and scalable service to more than 5K Snap employees. This person is a key member of the People Leadership team, charged with creating exceptional employee experiences through every encounter with the People Team. The person would establish a best-in-class People Services Operation starting with a core founding team, and scaling to support the global business.
This leader will be expected to help develop a “mindful” culture to embrace change and drive performance in a high growth employee population fostering flexibility, adaptability and productivity. Additionally, it is important to continue to enhance and evangelize Snap’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, supporting experiences that contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
What you’ll do:
- Establish a new strategic capability within HR that introduces new processes, workflows, and technology to support the broad Snap workforce.
- Cultivate and foster internal relationships with key business leaders to evangelize the People Services delivery strategy and agenda.
- Leverage data to see around corners, predicting employee service needs and delivering new support models in advance of business needs.
- Shape an organization leveraging design thinking principles to deliver a sustainable, consistent employee experience across the function aligned with the HR strategy and employee value proposition.
- Define and create a high performance culture including a consistent approach to service level agreements, key performance indicators, performance reporting, and service cost capture and management.
- Manage continuous improvement process for the HR Delivery group; continually ideate around how to make large and incremental changes to products, services, and processes.
- Champion and evangelize a culture and mentality of customer service and operational excellence.
- Intake and understand business requests and strategize the execution of these solutions.
- Identify and optimize user channels in order to enable efficient process execution, improve accessibility, and achieve closer customer alignment.
- Select and vet tools and systems which enable the HR team to be effective partners to Snap’s business.
- Select and manage vendor relationships to ensure product performance and quality system administration.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- People Domain Expertise: The individual should have 10+ years of progressive consulting or corporate work experience within scaled service delivery leadership. Preferred experiences include HR Analytics, Management Consulting, HR Shared Services, and Global HR Operations.
- Data & Analytics Expertise: Sophisticated experience vetting and leveraging leading-edge technology and data analytics to inform Human Resources insights and strategy. Data-driven and able to synthesize key insights.
- Commercial Orientation: Experience in business-oriented roles, applying analytics to real-world problems and driving proactive, impactful solutions.
- Change Management/Continuous Improvement: Ability to thrive during a transformative time. Strong project management and execution skills. Proven experience handling business process improvement, redesigns, and operational management.
- Strategic Leadership Experience: Excellent people leader with a track record of building high performing, collaborative, and results-oriented teams. Ability to demonstrate a strong strategic focus, translating business objectives into Center of Excellence goals and objectives.
- Strategic Thinking and Result-Orientation: The Head of People Services will possess superior learning agility and intellectual curiosity with the ability to inspire creative thinking at all levels of the organization. They will bring strong operational DNA, with a vision, a plan, and an understanding of what will get results. Being analytical and process driven will yield the best results.
- Collaborative Approach: The ideal candidate will be a relationship-builder who works collaboratively at all levels of the organization to enhance effective human capital programs aligned with business goals. They will be working with the executive team to inspire trust and confidence across the organization. They will be a strategic partner to all business and functional leaders.
- Team Builder and Inspiring Leader: Snap needs a Head of People Services who will not only lead an engaged, focused, and innovative talent team, but also create a culture of collaboration, engagement, high-performance, and innovation across the function. Demonstrated passion for developing innovative solutions, driving change, and taking organizations to a new level of world-class performance.
- A leader who empowers amazing results. One who can energize people and teams and make cross-functional cooperation happen. This individual must be highly respected by both team members, peers, and senior leaders.
- Ability to context switch quickly and effectively, jumping between topics and domain without losing context.
- Ability to change perspective and level of detail quickly and smoothly all the way from long term company strategy to tactical details of a feature/function decision.
- A combination of traits — empathetic, trustworthy, courageous, action oriented, strategic, innovative — necessary to blend with the rest of the executive management team.
- The successful candidate must be able to challenge the team/organization while holding them accountable for their commitments.
- Hands-on and entrepreneurial style - one that looks to become personally involved in all elements of managing their functional responsibility, and someone who seeks to develop like-minded senior managers with similar capabilities.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience
- 10+ years of experience in relevant area
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
kind. smart. creative.