Head of People Operations and Strategy
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: San Francisco, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- 12 years of experience in management consulting, operations consulting, or a strategy role in global customer service/support organizations
- 5 years of experience in people management
- Problem-solving and analytical experience in developing and executing operational initiatives (e.g., building cohesive tools and process roadmaps, designing work driver models, identifying opportunities for efficiencies, planning, etc.)
- Experience leading cross-functional projects to drive strategic initiatives forward in a change-oriented, fast-paced environment with a high degree of deadline-driven productivity
- Experience in HR policies, processes, or extended workforces/tools migration
- Knowledge of best practices in business operations, service operations, and customer support operations
- Ability to work with different team members to design processes and implement strategic projects that solve business problems
- Excellent business acumen, and the ability to successfully navigate and influence within a complex business environment
About the job
The People Operations (POps) Central team provides services to the enablement of People Operations. Our mission is to power People Operations to create exceptional experiences. The teams represented within POps Central are HR Operations, providing support to every user group along each stage of the employee lifecycle, Staffing Operations, Integrity, and Core which includes Analytics and Reporting, POPs Central Planning and Communications, Operations Excellence, and Business Operations.
HR Operations is a key pillar within POps Central. Our team creates simple and exceptional experiences at scale for Googlers and prospective Googlers by running operational services across the globe with the ultimate goal of making HR easy and intuitive.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $213,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Support the leader of Global HR Operations, including budget management, business planning, transformation roadmap, quarterly business reviews, and capacity management.
- Problem solve with executive leaders to deliver strategic insights and recommendations based on business analyses.
- Define and drive critical initiatives to accelerate productivity and transformation across the field to achieve overall company objective, working with cross-functional teams, executives, and leadership.
- Leverage quantitative and/or qualitative approaches to generate insights and translate insights into operational actions that yield positive impact.
- Gain trust, influence, and participate in complex strategic and operational discussions with multiple levels in the organization.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
do the right thing