Director of People
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Halcyon Financial Technology, L.P. ("HalcyonFT") provides information technology solutions to private equity, hedge fund, investment management firms, and family offices.
We strive to provide excellent client service at every level and in every interaction. We take client service so seriously that client satisfaction is the one and only SLA we guarantee to our clients.
We work as a team to meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients. We never settle for the easiest or quickest solution. Instead, we seek out the best long-term solution for our clients. We never get bored. We never slow down. There is a sense of urgency in everything we do. Our clients expect more. We deliver more.
HalcyonFT is Excellence in IT.
We are looking for a Director of People to own and implement programs that scale and grow the employee experience at HalcyonFT. You will lead our HR-related processes and activities, including our performance management, recruiting, compensation, benefits, perks, and HR systems. You ideally have experience owning the HR function end-to-end and are driven by providing empathetic support for your colleagues while helping us grow the firm. This is a remote position but will require occasional travel to our locations in the United States.
- Be a key member of our executive team to help us continue to develop our people-first culture
- Create a unified people strategy and a strong company culture that is supportive and inclusive to all employees
- Lead a team responsible for all people-related initiatives, including performance management, compliance, diversity and inclusion, employee engagement, compensation, retention, educational development, and employee relations
- Enhance our culture by developing effective programs and initiatives that keep our employees closely knit, especially in out distributed work environment
- Serve as a trusted resource to managers and employees, guiding them through career development and interpersonal conversations
- Manage and develop our recruiting process to identify and hire world class IT individuals
- Own and evolve our people technology stack including PEO, payroll, HRIS, engagement, and performance management systems to ensure integrated systems that scale efficiently as we grow from 20 employees to 40 in the next two years
- Track people data and analytics to always ensure data-driven decision-making, incorporating qualitative and quantitative feedback from engagement surveys, 1:1s, and other sources into creating effective and empathetic people programs
- Evaluate the competitive landscape and create strategies to adapt to changing market trends to ensure that our compensation and benefit offerings remain competitive
- Partner with our PEO to manage yearly open enrollment process, payroll, and benefits administration; evaluate new vendors and partners as necessary
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years of experience with payroll and benefits administration
- 5+ years previous experience running the People/Human Resources function within an information technology or professional services firm
- 5+ years of direct management of employees
- 3+ years of experience recruiting for IT positions
- In-depth understanding of HR best practices, with the ability to move seamlessly from strategy development to execution
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance issues, including federal, state, and municipal employment laws
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Certified Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong time management and ability to prioritize
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work effectively under pressure
- Education: Bachelor level or higher college degree
- $120,000-$140,000 + Bonus + Benefits
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR HALCYON
- Best-in-class benefits: medical, dental, HSA, Dependent Day Care FSA, and commuter benefits
- 4 weeks PTO and 10 paid holidays
- 401k employer contribution starting at 6 months of employment
- Quarterly bonus
- 1% of profits contributed to non-profits every quarter
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Halcyon Financial Technology provides information technology solutions to private equity, hedge fund, investment management firms, and family offices.