People Operations Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mercury is building a bank for startups. This turns out to be a pretty wild endeavor, so we’re looking to bring someone smart onto our People Operations team to help us out.
You’ll take ownership of new hire onboarding logistics, put in place smooth processes, create a welcoming environment for new hires, and make sure that every new team member feels set up for success on day one.
Here are some things you’ll do:
- Work with our People and our Operations teams on a variety of HR initiatives, primarily focusing on delivering a strong employee onboarding experience
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all questions related to onboarding setup (e.g., equipment, account access, trainings)
- Order equipment and set up account access for all new hires
- Coordinate with the Operations team and individual managers to add new employees to all relevant team-specific and organization-wide training sessions
- Communicate with new hires before their start date to provide them with any necessary information (e.g., tracking information, work schedules, office information)
- Collaborate with our People Operations Manager to optimize our Greenhouse onboarding tool
Because we’re growing quickly, some experience in a similar role would probably be helpful, but don’t let lack of experience stop you from applying if you’re a quick study.
You should also:
- Have a BA/BS or a background you feel is equivalent
- Identify as having good common sense
- Enjoy optimizing processes and thinking about how to automate your job
- Have a strong preference for working with great tools, and be comfortable working with or learning the tools we use (Mercury, Greenhouse Onboarding, Gusto, 1Password, Notion, Slack, Google Admin, etc.)
- Have a system for staying organized and a good head for numbers
- Have diverse interests and enjoy learning about other people’s interests
- Have deliberate opinions on matters of aesthetics
- Listen with patience, attention, and empathy
- Have a sense of humor (doesn’t have to be a good one)
- Prefer quality items, but be able to recognize extravagance
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Banking built for startups