Senior Manager, People Operations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About This Role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 93 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you’re an athlete, and Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day.
Strava is growing! We are thrilled to be looking for an experienced Senior Manager, People Operations to join our People team. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key player in helping us build out our People Operations team. In this role you can play a critical role in supporting our high performing, people-oriented workplace. You will work closely with our People team leaders, our People business partners, our Talent team, and with teammates at all levels across Strava. Specifically, you will be leading our People Operations function and providing support, while being the subject matter expert for our global employees.
As a member of the People team and reporting to the Director of People Operations, you will help carry our truly “people-first” culture and continually improve our employee experience via contributing to our People programs and projects. We are passionate about supporting each of our teammates by building equitable and inclusive policies, programs, and practices. It is important that our Senior Manager, People Operations share similar passions and is committed to helping incorporate antiracist strategies and policies into Strava's culture and processes over time.
If any of this sounds exciting, we'd love to talk to you about joining the team. In this role you can help us build and develop our culture and our people as we scale through the years ahead. Please take a look at our Culture Blog to learn about why Strava is such an amazing place to work, and how our people-first approach shows up in real programs and experiences.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- People Operations Management: Use your broad range of People Operations knowledge, exceptional attention to detail, highly organized thinking, strategic mindset, management experience and ability to handle multiple and constantly shifting priorities.
- Lead a People Operations team assisting with or administer benefits and perks, payroll, employee onboarding and offboarding, leaves of absences, time off programs, maintaining employee records, etc.
- Craft, articulate and adhere to the best policies and procedures ensuring they are country specific while maintaining the Strava Culture
- Support all manner of ad-hoc organizational development projects such as talent reviews, engagement surveys, compliance trainings, and as a supporting teammate to our larger People Team in various ways
- Engage with key stakeholders and third parties when necessary (internal and external)
- Provide reporting and analysis on the health of our people programs and processes as well as the scalability of our programs as Strava grows over time.
- People Teammate: Stay closely connected and aligned with our broader People team; contributing as an integral member of the People team, participating in weekly meetings and social events when and where able.
- Build relationships and trust with our international teammates to be their support system and ensure they feel connected
- Provide leadership and judgment on HR and culture to a passionate employee base.
- Employee Support: Be the point of escalation for your People Operations team, IT, Finance & Legal, providing general support to all global employees on all People related questions through a variety of support channels.
- Employee Engagement: Work closely with the entire People team on company culture, our programs and people-approach that blend data insights with care and empathy
- People Management: Manage several ICs on our people operations team and be responsible for their growth and development
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 3+ years experience in a similar role managing an HR and/or recruiting team
- Experience at a growing startup with little existing recruiting and HR infrastructure
- A track record of both designing and implementing effective processes
- Experience leveraging people software (preferably Workday) to drive outcomes, business processes, and people programs
- Relevant industry knowledge on best practices and implementation. Focusing on the details, but always mindful of the big picture.
- The ability to exercise good judgment when handling sensitive situations
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The #1 app for runners and cyclists