People Operations Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
WHO WE ARE
The Humane League (THL) is a global nonprofit ending the abuse of animals raised for food. THL fosters a high-energy culture of teamwork and mission-driven problem solving, and we have earned recognition as Top Charity from Animal Charity Evaluators for all of their rating periods. Over the past few years, we’ve grown to a staff of 90+ talented individuals dispersed across the country and around the world.
As the People Operations Coordinator, your position will play an integral role in maintaining The Humane League’s core HR systems, processes, and people-focused initiatives. We want you because you have a mission and values-centered orientation and a true comprehension of how organizational culture drives performance and success. You are ideal for this position because you are articulate, detailed oriented, and have superb problem solving and communication skills. You enjoy building relations within all levels of team members internally as a cross-functional team member within the organization. This position is a result of growth and expansion of the organization and the people operations team. This position reports directly to the People Operations Manager.
This is a full-time, remote position. This position requires domestic travel, this is equivalent to approximately 2-3 trips per year. We are only able to consider applicants who reside in the United States and possess United States work authorization.
- Support recruitment through scheduling interviews and assessments, posting to external job boards, reviewing applications and conducting preliminary phone interviews
- Represent and promote THL to potential applicants by providing information, status updates and responding to candidate questions
- Plays a vital role in making sure the administrative pieces of the employment experience at THL are completed in an efficient, accurate, and customer-centric manner
- Ensure timely compliance of all new hire documentation including Form I-9 completion and other compliance requirements such as policy acknowledgement completion, employee file and record maintenance and other administrative responsibilities
- Organize, compile, and update personnel records and documentation with integrity
- Audit information flagging discrepancies and identifying a plan to correct errors and prevent them in the future
- Partners across other departments and within the People department to design, deliver, and support People related strategies
- Establish this role as a go-to resource for the People Operations team and other employees on company and department practice, process and policy
- Assist in identifying process improvements within the People Operations and THL
- Support with updating People Operations procedures and protocols
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of experience in an admin role, preferably HR or People Operations
- Ability to take advantage of the tools and resources available as well as successfully handle multiple tasks and projects at once, amidst multiple priorities
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate professional ethics
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the HR management team, and in group presentations and meetings
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and evaluate information
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities to use time efficiently
- Experience using HR software (EX. Applicant Tracking System and HRIS databases) preferred
Starting salary $46,200 or salary to commensurate with experience.
Employees enjoy full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, optional pet insurance, working from home, up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave for eligible employees, paid holidays, flexible vacation time, professional development, and the supportive environment at The Humane League!
At The Humane League (THL), animal welfare is at the forefront of our everyday work. As such, many of our staff are vegan by personal choice, and all of our THL-hosted events offer fully vegan menus. We welcome all mission-aligned candidates to apply, no matter where you are in your journey to end the abuse of animals raised for food.
The Humane League is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with laws and in furtherance of our commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Humane League is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please email People Operations (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are a global nonprofit ending the abuse of animals raised for food.