People Operations Specialist
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
The People Team is responsible for making Carta a best-in-career place to work, learn, and grow. People Operations is one of seven strategic groups within the People Team that focuses on delivering connected, innovative, and compliant people processes, technology, and support to allow employees to operate at their best. We work collaboratively within and beyond the People Team to design, inform, measure and scale initiatives that support 1500+ Cartans globally. Our team is all about building relationships, diagnosing problems and testing solutions, and delivering value efficiently. We look to make everything better than when we found it, and we aim to be a driving force behind creating a stellar employee experience at Carta.
The Problems You’ll Solve
As an integral part of the People Operations team, you will build strong relationships with cross-functional partners as well as groups within the People Team. You will be a strategic partner to the HR Business Partner team, helping to connect the dots and figure out how to execute on their initiatives with the business. You will also serve as the first point of contact for employee questions which requires a broad understanding of the People Team, genuine customer service orientation, and the ability to uphold a strict code of confidentiality. You will play a key role throughout the entire employee lifecycle, ensuring the integrity of our people data and figuring out how to enhance people processes to create a better employee experience. As a People Ops Specialist, you will manage a variety of tasks and projects that require detail-orientation, top-notch organization, and a never-ending eye toward improvement.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide seamless and client-focused support to our employees by managing our service desk (ticketing system), answering employee questions about HR programs, policies, and other HR-related items and escalating to appropriate teams as needed
- Audit people data and follow up with key groups as needed to ensure we capture all necessary parts of a data change
- Partner closely with HR Business Partners to help execute on people initiatives and day-to-day administration
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams, sometimes operating as a PM
- Identify opportunities and solutions to increase efficiencies across the team
- Execute and manage all onboarding and launch logistics
- Develop strong understanding for current processes and our people systems/tools
- Ensure that all information, data, and documentation is captured appropriately and held in complete confidence
The Impact You’ll Have
You will serve as one of the first points of contact for new hires and employees from the People Team. Whether onboarding new hires, or responding to questions from the HR Ticketing system, you will set the tone of the People Team by providing an exceptional employee experience. You will champion change. By identifying pain-points and improving processes, you will empower the entire People Team to be the best version of our team possible.
As a People Ops Specialist, you will have a dynamic approach to systems and programs that encompasses both attention to detail and employee experience at the forefront. More about you:
- You are incredibly detail-oriented and have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks
- You have an excellent ability to multitask in a busy, fast-moving team
- You must be extremely resourceful and have the ability to prioritize projects in a constantly evolving environment
- You are team-oriented and maintain a positive demeanor regardless of changes in working conditions
- You possess strong communication and influencing skills; You are able to interact with candidates, employees, and vendors at all levels
- You can work with little supervision on daily assignments. You take initiative on all of your tasks and utilize good judgement to make appropriate decisions. You have a proven reputation for taking initiative, anticipating needs, problem solving, and making recommendations with high-visibility and short lead times.
- You exhibit discretion, confidentiality when working with highly sensitive information
- You are proficient in Google Workspace tools and Microsoft Excel. You have a passion for learning new systems and thinking about how we can best use them. (Bonus Points for familiarity with Workday)
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.
Your application has been successfully submitted.