People Systems Lead
[As of June 2020, Quora has become a "remote-first" company. This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the world, regardless of any location that might be specified above.]
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of personal experience in people's heads, or buried in books and research papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds -- from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences -- so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
The People Team at Quora is responsible for supporting the company in pursuit of our mission. We aim to hire and retain world class employees and to create an environment where they can do their best work. We strive to be innovators and leaders in our field. Our work is more important than ever as Quora transitions to being a remote-first company, expanding globally.
About the Role:
Quora is at the beginning of one of the most exciting chapters in our company’s history. We’re transitioning to a remote-first culture, with employees working from across the globe, collaborating on our mission to share and grow the world’s knowledge. We’re looking for a highly motivated People Systems Lead to help us manage, automate, and scale our people-team systems as we grow. This role will be complex as we continue to expand our employee base internationally. The ideal candidate will have passion for providing a world-class employee experience where people are enabled to do their best work.
- Manage all People systems and tooling (i.e. HRIS, performance management platform, recognition and engagement platforms, etc)
- Partner with HR, Recruiting, Legal, and Finance teams to identify opportunities for People system automation, integration, and other process efficiencies
- Support internal users (People team members) and employees who rely on our systems
- Develop People system strategy, process documentation, and vision
- Lead evaluation, research, and implementation of any new People systems
- Stay up to date on current People system technological advancements in the industry
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora's "coordination hours" (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn why here
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- 4+ years progressive experience working with complex systems
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks with attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn new domain areas and make data-based decisions in ambiguous situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Experience with BambooHR, CultureAmp, Reflektive, Greenhouse and other modern people technology and systems
- Experience with complex system implementations
- Experience with vendor management and negotiating agreements and contracts
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A place to share knowledge and better understand the world.