Director of People Operations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Paubox is a San Francisco-based B2B startup ranked #775 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing privately-owned companies. We’re the market leader in HIPAA compliant email, providing ease of use and security for modern healthcare organizations.
We are a series A company with over 3,500 customers that leverages customer feedback to build innovative email security solutions that our customers love. Our patented email security features protect healthcare organizations from internal and external cybersecurity threats, all with an unwavering focus on ease of use, security, and reliability.
Paubox values its people and gives them ample opportunities to learn, evolve and grow.
We are looking for an experienced People Ops leader to help us attract and retain the best team members who will thrive at Paubox. The ideal candidate has been in a senior People Ops role before at a growth stage startup, and is comfortable building out strategy and programs, as well as executing day to day operations.
Although this role is fully remote, you must be authorized and located in the United States.
Your day to day includes
- Develop, champion and implement company-wide performance management programs that rewards achievement and allows for continuous feedback vs annual check-ins
- Build upon the Level Up program to help employees understand and empower them to own their growth path within the organization
- Develop people oriented metrics and reports to assess areas of opportunity, performance, and inform strategy
- Own employee engagement and satisfaction strategies and programs
- Be a champion of the Paubox Foundations and overall company culture across the organization
- Administer benefits, including suggestions for improvement
- Ensure compliance to HR related regulations, such as state tax filing setup for payroll, labor laws, wages, etc.
- Managing employee relations, including mediating tough conversations, exit interviews, and being the “go-to” for the team when issues arise
Must have skills
- Experience at a growth stage tech startup (between 50 - 200 employees)
- 7+ years experience total, 5+ years in a HR management role with experience hiring and managing high-performing teams
- Self-starter that can work autonomously
- Comfortable moving between long-term planning and day-to-day activities
- Implemented and managed a diverse range of HR processes, such as employee satisfaction, development, DEI programs and performance management
- Expert knowledge of HR-related regulations and compliance
- Hands-on experience with benefits administration
- An empathetic, but clear communicator who is able to have tough conversations
- History of excellent project management and working across different teams
- Growth mindset
- Experience with Gusto and Lever
- Success increasing employee satisfaction in a remote first working environment
- Organizational design experience
What makes Paubox a great place to work?
- We have a strong identity and culture
- Health care benefits, including dental and vision
- 401(k) savings plan
- Combined 28 days of paid time-off, in addition to holidays
- Stock options as an early employee
- Apple work laptop provided
- $500/quarter stipend for professional development
- Opportunity to grow within the company as Paubox continues to grow
Paubox is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and creating a welcoming and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Secure email for modern healthcare. Right out of the box.