People Operations Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The People Operations Coordinator is the face of Weedmaps. In close partnership with the existing Coordinator, this role facilitates new hire onboarding and leads orientation in addition to serving as the first point of contact for employee inquiries and needs throughout the employment lifecycle. From running time-sensitive reports to coordinating a virtual DJ set for new hires to forging strong and productive relationships at all levels across the company, this is a no-two-days-are-the-same position. Learning opportunities are through the roof.
For the people-loving right fit, this is a very fun job. This dynamic, fast-paced role takes an individual dedicated to high-touch, high quality customer (employee) service. Success will take strong prioritization skills, a fastidious attention to detail, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, a solutions-oriented approach, an A+ attendance and punctuality record, the ability to learn on one’s feet, and an unparalleled team orientation.
The People Operations Coordinator will join a strong team of bright, passionate, friendly HR practitioners. This role reports to the Director, People Operations.
The impact you'll make:
- Offer letter delivery and workflow management
- New hire tracking
- Serving as the main point of contact during the transition from candidate to employee
- Partnership with HR stakeholders and people managers in preparation for a positive week 1 experience for new hires
- Onboarding and orientation for all new employees including leading presentations and property tours (virtual at this time), scheduling 1st week meetings, and processing documents
- Performs customer service function by being the first point of contact for employee requests and questions regardless of source (email inbox, snail mail, JIRA service desk ticket, etc)
- Completes Form I-9, verifies I-9 documentation, and maintains I-9 files
- Manages the background check process from start to completion
- Processes all employee changes within the Human Resources Information System including timely communication to Payroll
- Performs administrative functions such as preparing and processing Employee Status Change documents
- Maintains employee files
- Administrative/tracking responsibilities related to benefit enrollment
- Handling reference checks and verifications of employment
- Assisting team members with projects and programmatic roll-outs
- Managing Pingboard, the organizational chart and employee directory
- A wide array of ever-changing responsibilities
- Occasional overtime should be expected
What you've accomplished:
- 1-2 years of experience in an HR support role
- Committed to confidentiality: can be trusted with highly sensitive and confidential information, default conduct exemplifies integrity
- Exercises a commitment to excellent customer service
- Great attention to detail and ability to process data entry with minimal errors
- Solid project management skills
- PHR or similar certification
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent - employer paid premium 80%
- HMO - Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA - Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office and curated snack boxes delivered to your door when working at home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
#Weedmaps is a community where businesses and consumers can search and discover #cannabis products.