People Operations Executive
This job is no longer accepting applications.
⚠️ Please note that interviews for this role will begin the second week of January.
At Close, we're building the sales communication and collaboration platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry in sales automation—helping companies to close more deals, faster than ever.
Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team that is dedicated to building a product our customers love.
Our organization is growing and with each new team member comes additional logistics and responsibilities. Our current People Ops Team of 2 is looking for someone to own all human resources and business administration while supporting larger company priorities.
You know this space. You’ve worked in an environment where the day to day changes as you juggle a variety of short-term tasks and prioritize long-term goals. You have at least 3 years experience with SMB administration and human resources. This means you can walk in on day one and manage insurance benefits, government compliance and workers compensation with minimal oversight.
You are a Mac user who is comfortable working remotely as part of a small team with a high level of autonomy and exceptional communication skills for this type of environment. You are reliable; people depend on you for stability. You’re the first person friends call to help with life-admin related questions (reviewing contracts, obtaining health insurance, tax related questions). You’re a care-taker, helper and love extending that support and thoughtfulness into your work. People would describe you as “warm, approachable and kind”.
You ♥ administrative tasks. Working behind the scenes feels rewarding. Reading the fine print is your forte - you have an exceptional eye for detail. Your day-to-day sense of accomplishment comes from checking off tasks and supporting a business, while a long-term sense of accomplishment comes from developing more effective processes and providing healthy support to all team members. You know how to anticipate needs, have the confidence to proactively ask for help and get shit done.
You practice ruthless prioritization and know how to effectively manage your time while collaborating and communicating in an asynchronous working environment. You have a natural balance of linear and creative mindset; someone that is highly organized yet resourceful and imaginative in solutions. You have integrity, are trustworthy, self-aware. You understand the work environment may require last minute needs and part of your responsibility is to respond effectively.
You are based in the US.
About The Job
You will be taking ownership over many existing business and people operation systems while suggesting new practices to improve as we grow. We currently use Slack, Gusto, PurelyHR, GSuite, Dropbox and Confluence to name a few. The list below should be something you genuinely find enjoyable, as the majority of your day is spent here.
You should be familiar with and have the ability to take ownership over the following areas of the business and know how to improve them.
- Compliance & registration for all city, state, and federal agencies
- Employee benefits: managing renewal process and all compliance for medical, dental, vision 401k, HSA & FSA
- Finance: managing payroll, contractor payments, invoices and credit card reconciliations
- Employee care: tracking PTO, purchasing gifts, celebrating work anniversaries
- Business admin: managing all aspects of compliance and renewals for business insurance, workers compensation, tax preparation and business surveys
- Asset & subscription management: purchasing, shipping, tracking equipment; overseeing company subscriptions
- Onboarding: assisting in onboarding and training
- Retreats: researching, planning and hosting annual company off-sites
- Virtual Summits: researching, planning and hosting internal events
- Ongoing research and operational tasks as the company grows :-)
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ✈️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Co-working stipend
- Revenue Share (after 1 year)
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative 🌍❤️
- Our story and team 🚀
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practice a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/life harmony is an important part of our business - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 16 countries located in 5 of the 7 continents -- looking at you Antarctica and Australia ;-) ….. We’re a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our global community.
Our team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 17 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our people and help our customers become more successful.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
With built-in calling, SMS, and email all in one platform, Close CRM will help you close more deals.