Director, People and Culture
This job is no longer accepting applications.
In this time of national reckoning, we at Food52 are having hard conversations about our role in a food media landscape that overlooks marginalized voices. We're committed to building a community that values and honors the contributions of the Black, Indigenous, and POC communities to our shared culinary experience—starting with the Food52 family. You can read about our support of the Black Lives Matter movement here.
As part of an ongoing initiative, we are focusing our efforts to put diversity, equity, and inclusion at the center of our hiring process and our company culture—and build a team that better reflects our desire for equal representation in everything we do. Our goal is systemic change at Food52.
Food52 is an award-winning innovator in the kitchen and home space, using a unique commerce, content and community business model to reach a community of over 24 million cooks and home enthusiasts. We’re passionate about giving our deeply-engaged audience everything they need to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
We're looking for a Director, People and Culture to support our passionate, dedicated team and continue to cultivate our dynamic, transparent, fun, and hard-working culture. In this role, you'll work closely with fellow team members, and play an integral role in helping us grow smoothly and efficiently. You will be the first point of contact for people-related inquiries and issues, and a vital resource for the team.
The Director, People and Culture is both a strategic and hands-on role leading and facilitating the planning and execution of multiple human resources functions. Reporting to the Senior Vice President and Head of People and Culture, this role will directly manage team inquiries, the performance management process and day to day people operations, including payroll administration and people reporting and analytics. You will manage a People and Culture Coordinator and temporary People resources when needed.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact with a growing company and mission-oriented team of experts.
- People-obsessed: You have a passion for deeply understanding people and work, and put them at the center of everything you do
- Entrepreneurial: You’re a self-starter who takes the lead in getting things done as well as figuring out what needs to be done
- Project-Manager: You can take an idea and create a plan through implementation and you bring people together along the way
- Collaborative: You’re a master at getting things done cross-functionally and believe it’s about the team, not the individual
- High-energy: You’re infectiously optimistic and resilient, and bring positivity and forward momentum to any team you join
- Create and implement strategies and initiatives that benefit our people and enhance our culture, and are aligned with the overall business goals
- Ensure company compliance with regulatory concerns and reporting, and all applicable federal and state laws
- Manage performance management tools, timelines and processes; support all managers as they navigate
- Advise Fun52 Committee on company-wide events
- Partner with leaders to build out and maintain career frameworks
- Ensure the smooth running of the onboarding & offboarding processes and people events, facilitated by People and Culture Coordinator
- Provide leadership and supervision for people activities and maintain a work environment that supports effective, productive contributions and opportunities for growth
- Create and maintain systems to ensure effective dissemination information that support people and work synergy
- Use analytical approaches to support good business decisions and periodically evaluate and implement changes to the human resources programs, processes and third party providers
- Support current and future business needs by identifying and attracting new talent and engaging, motivating, and preserving current talent
- Develop and implement Food52 policies and practices to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state laws
- Manage performance and salary administration, as well as all benefits and insurance programs
- Maintain open communication with all team members and act as a resource for human resources questions or concernsAdvanced proficiency working in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in a senior HRBP and leadership role, with a broad depth of experience in HR operations, team building, compensation, employee relations, performance management, and HR program implementation.
- Ability to respond rapidly and independently to requests, develop and implement creative solutions, and follow through to ensure resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to align People programs to business goals and objectives in a high growth environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner, build trust, communicate, and influence at all levels of employees (including C-Level).
- Experience in the interpretation of people analytics.
- Experience with influencing people, whether directly or indirectly.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefit options (including some that are free for you!), flexible spending account, and any-time access to professional mental health advice
- Annual bonus plan
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Free life and AD&D insurance
- Unlimited vacation days (including two company-wide weeks off for Summer Week & Winter Week!)
- Fitness subsidies
- Pre-tax commuter benefit plan
- Flexible hours and working arrangements
- Employee discount and exclusive access to Food52 Shop products
Food52 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of one's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. Food52 will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local "Fair Chance" laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Eat thoughtfully, live joyfully.