This job is no longer accepting applications.
[As of June 2020, Quora has become a "remote-first" company. This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the world, regardless of any location that might be specified above.]
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of personal experience in people's heads, or buried in books and research papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds -- from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences -- so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
The People Team at Quora is responsible for supporting the company in pursuit of our mission. We aim to hire and retain world class employees and to create an environment where they can do their best work. We strive to be innovators and leaders in our field. Our work is more important than ever as Quora transitions to being a remote-first company, expanding globally.
About the Role:
Quora is at the beginning of one of the most exciting chapters in our company’s history. We’re transitioning to a remote-first culture, with employees working from across the globe, collaborating on our mission to share and grow the world’s knowledge. We’re looking for a highly motivated People Analyst to advance our ability to make data-drive decisions that will impact our global employee base. This Analyst will have consistent and direct impact on development of strategy across the People organization.
- Design, develop, and maintain data dashboards to inform key People related metrics
- Work closely with FP&A and Recruiting for data integration and knowledge sharing
- Work closely with leadership to inform critical employee strategy decisions
- Manage employee morale & engagement data collection in close collaboration with the People Partner team
- Manage data pipelines coming from a variety of complex systems in a global environment
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora's "coordination hours" (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn why here
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- 4+ years experience in highly analytical roles
- Significant experience in SQL and common business intelligence tools like Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Drive to leverage data to make Quora the best place in the world to work
- Possess a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Analyst experience specifically related to People data and information
- Experience with a global workforce
- Experience working with an HRIS
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Python/R/Scripting experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A place to share knowledge and better understand the world.