Director of People Operations
Crunchbase helps over 70 million people around the world connect with the companies and people that matter. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that entrepreneurs, investors, job seekers, salespeople, and others can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that are shaping how companies and people connect, using our intelligence and data to help them communicate in a more meaningful way with one another.
We are committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Crunchbase has a remote-first approach, and is open to hiring in these locations:
Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, Portland, Raleigh, San Francisco, and Seattle
People at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase People team is responsible for developing and fostering the culture of the organization, and building programs that enable our employees to do their best work.
We're searching for a Director of People Operations to own and implement programs that scale and grow the employee experience at Crunchbase. You will lead all of our HR-related projects, including our compensation program, benefits, perks, HR systems, and leave management programs. You ideally have experience owning the HR function end-to-end and are driven by providing empathetic support for your partners while growing the company and programs.
What You'll Do:
- Create a unified people strategy that cultivates a strong company culture that is supportive and inclusive to all employees
- Lead a team responsible for all people-related initiatives, including performance management, compliance, diversity & inclusion, compensation, total rewards, retention, learning and development, and employee relations
- Enhance the Crunchbase culture by developing effective programs and initiatives that keep our employees closely knit, especially in a remote-first work environment
- Serve as a trusted resource to managers and employees, guiding them through career development and interpersonal conversations
- Own and evolve our people tech stack including payroll, HRIS, engagement, and performance management systems to ensure integrated systems that scale efficiently as our company continues to scale
- Track people data and analytics to ensure data-driven decision-making at all times, incorporating qualitative and quantitative feedback from engagement surveys, 1:1s, and other sources into creating effective and empathetic people programs
- Evaluate the competitive landscape and create strategies to adapt to changing market trends to ensure that our compensation and benefits offerings remain competitive
- Partner with PEO to manage yearly open enrollment process, payroll, and benefits administration; evaluate new vendors and partners as necessary
What We're Looking For:
- 8+ years previous experience running the People/Human Resources function within a high-growth, progressive organization; 3+ years in a People Operations Leadership role
- In-depth understanding of HR best practices, with the ability to move seamlessly from strategy development to execution
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance issues, including federal, state, and municipal employment laws
- Experience designing and managing a compensation strategy that is competitive, equitable, and aligned with the company’s compensation philosophy
- Proven ability to develop hard-working people teams
- High level of integrity and ability to use good judgment
- Strong people management and coaching skills
- Excellent communication skills, with executive presence and poise
What Crunchbase Offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first policy
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Monthly fitness / mental health reimbursement
- 10 weeks of fully-paid time off for new parents
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision, and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly internet stipend
- Work from home allowance to purchase furniture for your work from home space
- Annual carbon offset
- Matching charity contributions for our Townhall awards
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
At Crunchbase, we value team members who are passionate and enthusiastic about what we're building here. We believe there is no "perfect" candidate, and want to encourage applying even if all the requirements listed aren’t met. If you're passionate about Crunchbase and looking to learn and grow, then we look forward to reviewing your application!
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Find and close deals with all-in-one prospecting solutions powered by the leader in private-company data.