Chief People Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Chief People Officer Global Reinsurance - Flexible on Location
Aon are currently recruiting a Chief People Officer to join our team. The Chief People Officer will be primarily responsible for serving as the primary People Org advisor to the Global Reinsurance Leadership Team.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Chief People Officer:
- Creating trusted relationships with the Global Reinsurance Leadership Team, to plan and develop, monitor and measure the success of the overall Reinsurance People strategy, in line with the strategic direction of Reinsurance and the People Organization;
- Member of the Global Reinsurance Team who can advise and consult on Global matters and initiatives and can effectively cascade the information to the regional PO teams. In addition, this leader can share and raise regional issues, insights and trends to the Global Team that need action or resolution;
- Demonstrating an in-depth understanding of the Reinsurance business model, enabling strategic consulting on and for the delivery of people initiatives to deliver business results and performance;
- Developing both in-year and multi-year talent strategies (sourcing and hiring capability building, development, career paths, talent review and succession, rewards/incentives) consistent with the Solution Lines growth and contribution margin plan, in consultation with the relevant COE’s global standards;
- Providing input into key staffing and hiring decisions to ensure that both growth and Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) objectives are considered and met;
- Maintaining aggregated global view of Reinsurance’s talent (including I&D), capabilities, culture, and critical needs;
- Responsiblity for leading the Reinsurance People Org team globally;
- Working with the dedicated Reinsurance People business partners in the regions and COE’s to deliver best in class service and support;
- Ensuring the team is fully equipped to advise and consult with Reinsurance colleagues and leaders in the regions to drive business results and outcomes for the business and Aon;
- Working with the Regional CPOs to ensure that talent life-cycle process is run and delivered with an Aon United approach, and ensuring that Reinsurance Leaders are working in collaboration with their Region colleagues around key inputs and decisions;
- Influencing and participating in the development of the Solution Line Global People Org strategy, member of the Global Solution Line People Team;
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Ability to consult to the entire People Org Service Delivery Model with an integrated, global perspective, demonstrated success resolving complex People issues;
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels of the organization, and to consult, influence and partner with senior leaders in developing/executing people strategies to drive business performance;
- Self-sufficiency and resourcefulness;
- Creativity at problem solving, with an appreciation of diverse cultures and regions. Able to consult on application of policy and process as well as trends, themes, and solutions;
- Strong business and financial acumen;
- Has an empowering management style, encourages open debate and collaborative decision making and shares ownership of results;
- Effective communication with a high level of self-confidence and credibility;
- Leadership that consistently and effectively demonstrates our core values: Committed as one firm to our purpose, United through Trust as one inclusive, diverse team, Passionate about making our colleagues and clients successful.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We exist to shape decisions for the better—to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.