People Operations Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who We Are
Selfbook is a comprehensive payment infrastructure platform designed to help customers pay for their hotel reservations seamlessly and securely. Working in tandem with hotels’ existing booking engines, we simplify the booking process, securely verify transactions, and provide a unified payment flow aligned with leading partners across the hospitality ecosystem, including SynXis, SevenRooms and Mindbody.
By empowering hotels to accept one-click payments and drive more direct bookings, we are revolutionizing the hospitality industry one hotel at a time. The modern traveler’s answer to effortless hotel bookings, Selfbook is the future of travel.
About the Role
The company bringing hotel bookings into the 21st century, Selfbook is looking for a People Operations Coordinator. This is a new role and an addition to our People team as the company scales and grows. You will work closely with the People team to help build and deliver a world-class experience for candidates and employees.
The People Operations Coordinator will be tasked with delivering an exceptional employee experience by facilitating processes that best develop and retain our population of talented individuals. By ensuring the accuracy and integrity of employee data and HR systems and serving as a key point of contact for employee operational questions and/or concerns, you will be an integral part and contribute to Selfbook’s rapid growth and expand the network of hotels making bookings easier than ever before.
Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, detail-oriented and excited about helping people grow. If you are passionate about tech, travel, and the people experience, this role is for you!
What You’ll Do
- Ensure DEI is at the forefront of all decisions and interactions with our growing organization
- As the first line of support for employees, you will provide excellent service to ensure that they have a great Selfbook experience
- Work as part of the People team to onboard new employees, manage all office operations and support key activities that contribute to a successful employee experience
- Assist with scheduling and execution of recruitment activities and new hire orientation.
- Collaborate on the development of and support the execution of people programs and policies
- Serve as a point of contact for employee questions regarding benefits, payroll, policies, and other People related topics, guiding employees to appropriate resources as needed
- Own the administrative execution of new hire onboarding and terminations including paperwork collection and storage, I-9 completion, e-verify, and entering new hires in the system.
- Manage, maintain and make updates in our HRIS systems in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist with planning, promotion and execution of employee engagement events
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as required
You’re Right for the Role If…
- You have a positive, “do whatever needs to be done” attitude (and a sense of humor) with a growth mindset
- You have 3+ years of experience working in human resources/people function or operations
- You are able to pivot quickly in a rapidly growing startup environment with a sense of urgency and be comfortable with the unknown
- You are a collaborative problem-solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment and working with cross-functional teams
- You can maintain the highest standard of confidentiality, discretion, and professionalism to deal with sensitive matters effectively
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable communicating with stakeholders within and outside your own team at all levels of the organization
- You have a customer service mentality and a strong track record of building rapport and trust with teammates, internal stakeholders, leadership, and employees
- You have strong organizational skills, ability to proactively follow up on ongoing projects and attention to detail
- You have a strong sense of urgency and are able to execute quickly and efficiently while managing competing priorities
- You are able to multitask, prioritize, and remain flexible in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- You are tech savvy with the ability to easily learn and use new software (we use GSuite, Slack, Gusto, Lever and Confluence to name a few)
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, psychology or business, or working experience equivalent
- Competitive Pay
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K Match
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Remote/virtual work environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
SELFBOOK Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age, medical condition (cancer), marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The easiest way to pay for your hotel stay.