People Operations Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
CoderPad's mission is to improve the technical interviewing experience with tools that allow for standardization and consistency, in the name of reducing bias and increasing equality of opportunity.
What does a People Operations Manager at CoderPad do?
CoderPad is growing, and we’re excited to make our first full-time hire on the U.S. People/HR team. In this role, you will help deliver an exceptional employee experience starting from the recruitment process through onboarding and employee engagement, ongoing L&D, performance & compensation reviews, global team events, and compliance.
You’ll have a big impact across the entire company, working with the leadership team, managers, and employees to improve processes and implement new programs that influence employee success and happiness. To be successful, you’ll bring knowledge of U.S. employment policies, creativity in event planning, and experience developing people operations processes from working at a growing tech company.
We are looking for a People Ops Manager for our U.S. team, but you’ll also get international exposure since CoderPad recently merged with CodinGame, a technical assessment platform, based in France! This role reports to the Head of People & Culture; so we have a preference for someone who can work a few overlapping hours with 9am-6pm CET.
Responsibilities in these Key Areas:
+ Partner with managers to improve the onboarding experience and create an exceptional first week to 30 days for new hires
+ Support employees through regular check-ins and manage engagement surveys to ensure each employee is heard
+ Keep abreast of U.S. labor and regulatory laws in order to ensure compliance in job responsibilities, and recommend changes as needed
+ Conduct exit interviews and close out systems
CULTURE/EVENTS - In connection with our France team, develop consistency in our people philosophy, processes, and practices.
+ Guide our company values in the team, including organizing our social justice initiatives
+ Lead planning and execution of virtual team events and occasional in-person events that cultivate a great work environment
+ Organize efforts for employee recognition, rewards programs, and ideas that enhance the culture
+ Evaluate new benefits to stay competitive, manage open enrollment with our broker, and be an ongoing resource for employees
+ Analyze market compensation data for salary and equity bands across the U.S.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT/PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
+ Identify and promote opportunities for employee training and professional development as well as coordinate and track required trainings (e.g. security)
+ Implement a best-in-class process for performance reviews and feedback cycles
RECRUITING SUPPORT - Partner with our Recruiting Lead in the U.S.
+ Coordinate and schedule interviews in our applicant tracking system, and manage job postings
+ Participate in interviews to help assess “culture add” and values alignment
+ Light sourcing, if you’re interested!
- 4+ years of HR or People Operations experience in a dynamic environment. Startup or mid-size tech company experience required.
- Experience in initiating and streamlining systems and processes that support organizational objectives
- Broad knowledge of Human Resources planning, compliance, workplace diversity, personnel policies, compensation, benefits, employee training, performance management, and related labor laws (with support from Counsel)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – able to build relationships with an international staff inclusive of different backgrounds, ethnicities, genders, sexualities, ages, religions, work locations, and viewpoints
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and handling of confidential information
- Resourceful, adaptable, and able to work autonomously as well as under the guidance of a French manager
Qualified candidates must reside in the United States and be able to work as full-time employees in the U.S. without current or future visa sponsorship.
CoderPad is on a mission to fix the technical interview process. We serve over 3,300 customers and have hosted more than 3 million technical interviews in 30+ programming languages since our launch in 2013.
Through simplicity, speed and accuracy, CoderPad has become a leading interview platform for hiring teams that need a reliable solution to identify better technical candidates – more fairly! It works like an IDE to emulate real-world scenarios and is easily personalized to specific team needs, ensuring a positive experience for the candidate and interviewer alike. That’s why top companies around the world, like Netflix, Slack and Snowflake, rely on CoderPad to help them prioritize quality talent and scale their hiring efforts.
Benefits for You
We are a small, geographically distributed team. We value the contribution of every team member – personally and professionally. If you enjoy working with a diverse group that feels like a family, we are interested in hearing from you.
* Meaningful work with high impact for a well-loved product
* Competitive, market-rate salaries
* Stock options with 4-yr vesting schedule
* Medical, dental, vision insurance (typically 100% covered for employees)
* 401K with profit sharing ($3,000/yr)
* Unlimited paid time off (+"Summer Fridays"=every other Friday off)
* Remote-friendly environment + monthly stipend ($300/mo)
* Mac computer + in-home work station setup ($400)
* Parental leave full coverage (primary: 16 wks; secondary: 12 wks)
* Short-term disability coverage and life insurance policy
* Internal mobility and growth opportunities
* Diversity and social good initiatives
* Annual company-wide offsite with travel, accommodations & meals covered
CoderPad is committed to hiring the best talent. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status. Our goal is to be a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives and a culture where everyone feels included.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
CoderPad is a technical interview platform for leading development teams.