Director, People Analytics
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. Etsy, Inc.'s 'house of brands' portfolio has expanded to now include four individually distinct ecommerce brands - Etsy, fashion resale marketplace Depop, musical instrument marketplace Reverb, and Brazil-based handmade goods marketplace Elo7. As an Etsy employee, you'll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
As the Director, People Analytics, you will be responsible for using data to shed light on key challenges or opportunities to attract, hire, retain, and develop top talent across the globe. This role requires a deep passion for learning new skills and techniques, a keen eye for detail, and a gift for looking at data and explaining insights. Do you find joy in solving problems and telling visual stories with data? If so, this could be the perfect match.
This is a full-time position located (eventually) in Brooklyn, reporting to the VP, People and dotted line to the Sr. Director, Global Talent Acquisition. Etsy offers three different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team: Flex mode for candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2+ times per week, Remote mode, and Office-based mode. Learn more about our flexible work modes and vaccination policy here.
About the Role
In this role you will:
- Own and lead the entire People Analytics strategy, working with key leaders at the company up to and including the Executive Team to share insights and key learnings from our people data to support our retention and recruiting strategies.
- Identify key metrics that drive or decelerate talent activation and conversion, retention, and engagement. Make these metrics accessible to the recruiting and people leadership team through dashboards and reports, and drive these metrics through statistical analyses.
- Develop, implement, and refine core talent acquisition and people measurement frameworks and models.
- Manage, mentor, and grow an Analytics Analyst on the People Team and Analytics Manager on the Talent Acquisition team.
- Transform raw data into meaningful and impactful analysis characterized by strong data governance, technique clarity, and clear documentation
- Routinely seek and share insights to the Talent Acquisition and People teams as well as key stakeholders in the business that makes us better able to serve the Etsy employee community and leadership.
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Ideally you'll bring:
- At least 10 years of proven experience as a people analytics professional with at least 2 years of people management experience.
- Experience working with sensitive and confidential people and talent acquisition data and core people team surveys
- Experience presenting to senior leadership teams, with strong visual storytelling skills that can put data into actionable insights.
- Proven ability to communicate your insights verbally, visually, and in writing with teammates and business partners
- Comfortable guiding others, recommending tools and standard methodologies to improve the efficiency of the teams work
- Strong, independent, analytical problem solver who enjoys thinking about and solving complex and nuanced problems
- Passionate about subjects such as experimental design, data visualization, and statistical analysis techniques
- Familiarity with SmartRecruiter or Workday or other ATS/HRIS Systems
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, or other data visualization software
- A trust in and commitment to Etsy’s vision, mission and values.
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you've hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We're open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Keep Commerce Human