People Operations Program Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a skilled and motivated Program Manager to own organizational structure and growth for a large, cross-functional, multi-site research team, whose mission is to invent and develop new technologies for interacting with AR and VR devices. Our team needs someone experienced in organizational development who is passionate about making sure the right people are in the right roles doing the right work, building management structures that scale with the volume and complexity of work, working with recruiting to build and implement processes and best practices that help us hire and onboard the best candidates for open roles, and working with team leadership to develop strategic growth plans that anticipate future team needs. This person will empower a world-class team of research scientists, engineers, designers, and managers to do their best work, together.
People Operations Program Manager
- Work with team leadership to develop and execute organizational strategy, including: bench planning, growth planning, team moves and site optimization, talent development, and alignment across geographically dispersed sites.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders in annual business planning, headcount management, key organizational metrics and other operational projects.
- Oversee key hiring efforts, working with hiring managers and recruiting to hire the best people for the right roles, and ensure team hiring and management practices are aligned with company requirements. Recognize the need for new teams or changes in organizational structure, and lead making those changes. Act as the main point of contact for recruiting, tracking hiring metrics to find areas of improvement.
- Build cross-functional relationships with peer and partner organizations across the company, including human resources, legal, finance, and central operations. Build and share expertise on people operations topics, including immigration, employment law, interview training and structures, etc. to inform the team.
- 5+ years of experience in people management or people operations in multi-disciplinary organizations.
- 5+ years of experience managing programs in a large company, a tech company, or a research organization.
- Experience coordinating complex programs across multiple geographically distributed sites, from inception to completion.
- Experience leading and influencing stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- Degree in computer science, psychology, human-computer interaction, hardware engineering, business administration, or another field related to AR/VR interaction.
- Experience in managing research or early product development programs.
- Experience working with or in support of many different business units, especially where revenue is not the primary performance goal.
- Familiarity with legal and ethical standards regarding research labs, user studies, data collection, and employment.
About the Facebook company
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses