Project Manager, People Operations & Technology
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square believes in the importance of well thought design and it’s built into the core strategy for our external products. This mission extends to its internal experience well. We believe in the importance of thoughtful design and elegant experiences for our employees just as we do for our customers.
The Global People Operations and Technology team is looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to develop, own, and manage our road map for all People Technology projects across the company. This role will be the central point of contact for the People team and will be responsible for communicating progress on various projects, ensuring all stakeholders are informed, and the right decision makers are at the table when projects are being pitched and scoped while also advising on resourcing needs.
- Proactively review and prioritize multiple projects with relevant stakeholders
- Establish governance, create prioritization process and structure, and maintain governance-related artifacts
- Act as a single point of contact and manage the intake process for all requests for the global people operations and technology team
- Synthesize requests and present recommendations to People Tech leadership
- Maintain the roadmap for People team priorities for process improvements, tooling, and automation
- Manage a backlog of projects and priorities for the People Team
- Identify project risks/gaps and create risk mitigation plans
- Identify and solve complex cross-functional challenges related to tooling and automation of people programs and processes
- Document and communicate status updates of ongoing People Operations and Technology initiatives, including new developments and potential risks, in a timely manner to stakeholders and leadership
- Oversee deployment and adoption of People tools across the organization, to facilitate enhanced efficiency and accuracy of new and existing processes
- Improve visibility and usability of our existing tools and technology for People Team
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a project or program management role, preferably in HR or Tech
- Experience with HR systems such as Workday, Visier, and SmartRecruiters
- Experience leading change and process improvement initiatives
- Experience working with cross-functional partners in Corporate Tax, Legal, Stock Administration, Payroll, IT, and Finance
- Ability to deliver results on time with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and communicate top-level risks and requirements, and propose mitigation approaches
- Experience with working in global matrix organizations
- Verbal and written business level proficiency in English
- A PMP certification with agile methodology or PM experience equivalent
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
make commerce easy