Director, Leadership Development and People Culture
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Location: North America (Remote)
PlanetScale’s People team facilitates and cultivates a culture of inclusivity and innovation where every day matters. Our programs support the growth and development of a remote first, global workforce.
Our Director, Leadership Development and People Culture will advance scalable individual and team change to drive business success and personal growth. The goal is to make a strategic investment in our organization. This will be a highly collaborative role, responsible for the successful design, implementation, measurement, and program management of our coaching portfolio for our employees at all levels.
What’s the job to be done?
- You will build a function that creates and cultivates an employee community through the development of trust, consciousness, and intentional practices.
- You will demonstrate validated program management and coaching experience, along with an intuition for business in order to own the development of innovative coaching and learning experiences (face-to-face, and live-online) that produce measurable impact.
- You will own end to end delivery and operational evolution of our internal coaching function. You will develop learning assets, curriculum, and best practices that support both organizational and individual goals and values. Establish partnerships with external resources to support the function.
- You will design and assess impact tracking, including development and delivery of a dashboard of coaching activity, impact, and insights (internal, external, programs/journeys, open enrollment).
- You will assess and work with our technology partners to ensure that technology delivers and current requirements, provides regular improvement, enables scaling.
- You will establish and build organizational presence, profile, and awareness of our coaching, mentoring, and teaming services and resources.
- You will develop and handle a budget for programs and services.
- You will collaborate and partner with a wide range of collaborators globally in the development, implementation, and iteration of programs.
- You will cultivate and grow internal communities that champion individual development while expanding the reach and engagement of our coaching portfolio.
These attributes best describe you…
- You create a space that is psychologically safe
- You have the ability to build trust and rapport with stakeholders at all levels in an organization
- You care about the growth and development of our employees
- You cultivate talent and give people the opportunity to excel
- You are insightful, able to put yourself in the shoes of another, and advocate on behalf of others
What you will need
- Consistent record of dynamic Leadership Development/OD/OE/HR/Coaching experience within large organizations
- Instructional design experience building and delivering high-visibility, global programs
- Strong coach capable of growing, developing and mentoring stakeholders at every level.
- Strong facilitator capable of consistently and effectively engaging a wide variety of audiences
- Knowledge of leadership and organization development, instructional design strategies, and learning assessment - and a curiosity for innovative practices
- Proactive problem-solver flexible to adapt quickly to changing business needs and leading through ambiguity
- Strong communication, influencing, and team member management skills
- Proven ability to translate business strategies into critical talent development initiatives
- Strong program/project management skills with ability to collaborate with and lead others through influence
- Excellent written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
What else will help you be successful
- Experience working on an all-remote team
- Experience building organizations from the ground up
- Experience in high growth organizations
- Applicable facilitation and coaching certification(s)
At PlanetScale we believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive no matter the location. Our mission is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We strive to build an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are a candidate or an employee. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, pregnancy status, and veteran status.
If you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The database for developers.