People Operations Coordinator
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We are looking for a People Operations Coordinator to join our People Ops team. The People Operations Coordinator will be responsible for supporting Coinbase onboarding, offboarding, employee inquiries, and People Ops process and policies. This role is critical to enable our business growth and further our mission of creating economic freedom to the world.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Process new hires, promotions, terminations, and other job changes in HR systems (Workday).
- Document and maintain process procedures for HR systems.
- Manage ticketing queue (Zendesk) by triaging employee questions regarding benefits, payroll, employment verifications, and policies.
- Develop and maintain employee self-service resources (Confluence).
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports extracting data from HR systems.
- Responsible for ensuring HRIS is up-to-date at all times.
- Provide support for systems data audits and communicate required changes to IT, Payroll and other departments as needed.
- Ensure Legal compliance in all related areas.
- Support ad hoc projects.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- BS/BA degree with 1+ years of HR experience.
- Detail and data oriented with impeccable follow through.
- Strong interest in process improvement - you love finding ways to make processes more efficient and streamlined.
- Impeccable judgment and ability to handle confidential information.
- Familiarity with HR systems.
- Creative, innovative, passionate.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with Google apps, especially Google Sheets.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in startup culture - comfortable with ambiguity and non-stop problem solving, building, and action.
- Experience with Workday, Zendesk, Confluence, Slack.
REQ ID: P31895
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
buy and sell digital currency