In-office locations: Atlanta, GA, USA; College Park, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA
Remote location(s): United States
People Analyst, Voice
- Master's degree in Research, I/O Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Social Psychology, Sociology, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience analyzing data from surveys or experimental research.
- Experience consulting with executive-level decision makers using social science research and data.
- PhD in Research, I/O Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Social Psychology, Sociology, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience leading large, complex projects with multiple stakeholders and executive audiences.
- Experience working with HR professionals.
- Experience crafting surveys to address organizational needs.
- Ability to tell compelling narratives using data.
- Fluency in SQL, R, and longitudinal analyses.
About the job
The Voice team is part of the People Analytics team within People Operations. The Voice team acts as a conduit to scale Google feedback on many aspects of workplace experience to the leaders and program managers who make key workplace decisions.
As a People Analyst, you will be responsible for designing and analyzing large scale research and survey projects to inform many workplace strategies and policies. Your work will include designing surveys, partnering with stakeholders to design content and analyses, analyzing data from various sources, and translating findings to senior-level audiences to help inform business decisions. In addition, you will be managing a complex work-stream to ensure that leaders across the company had the insights they need from their employees. You will work closely with other members of the Voice team as well as researchers across Google to draw on each other’s ideas and expertise.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as "Human Resources"). We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $118,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Use social science theories and research methods to design and implement studies.
- Build scaled research programs that address many divergent needs through systematic data collection, reporting, and analyses.
- Analyze survey, pilot, and/or archival data using basic and advanced statistical analyses (e.g., correlation, regression, factor analysis, t-test, ANOVA).
- Partner with stakeholders across the company to develop a comprehensive understanding of Google employee's experiences and translate research into action.
- Respond to and manage ad-hoc data requests, answer questions, and provide support to senior leaders in People Operations and beyond. Manage a complex work-stream with multiple stakeholders with divergent motivations and incentives.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
do the right thing