People Operations & Employee Experience Manager
Location: Redwood City, CA (Open to Flex)
Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education. Across our core initiatives of Science and Education, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and advocacy, to progress in our mission of building an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
CZI also supports multiple work options. Learn more about our philosophy and approach here.
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is taking a new, cutting-edge approach to philanthropy, funding ambitious projects that will have a significant impact on the future of education, technology and science, and social justice. As the People Operations and Employee Experience Manager, you will be supporting the Director of People Operations and Analytics by driving a wide range of critical work streams, including delivering an amazing new hire and employee experience and optimizing onboarding, offboarding, and other critical employee life-cycle processes to support CZI’s goal to be a diverse and inclusive organization.
The ideal candidate is someone with a strong HR Operations project, program, and employee services management experience with a strong Onboarding and People Operations background in delivering high quality scalable employee experiences with a vision and excellence in execution. They should have deep experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify process improvement opportunities to ensure excellent employee experience. They should thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment, and be passionate about executing on big ideas, and bringing out the best of the people around them!
- Deliver seamless, high-touch onboarding program and support for new hires to ensure an excellent employee experience from day 1.
- Drive employee life-cycle process optimization (onboarding, offboarding, job change, leave, etc.) and standardization while balancing the business need for flexibility
- Develop and manage remote HR processes and employee services effectively and drive consistency in a hybrid, distributed workforce environment.
- Report on key employee help desk metrics and develop an approach to analyze data looking for trends and systemic issues to identify ways to improve employee satisfaction as CZI grows and evolves
- Collaborate with People Business Partners, Recruiting, Finance, Legal, and cross-functional partners on addressing changing business needs and resolve potential issues
- Manage awareness of issues while working with teams proactively to resolve through engagement with distributed teams
- Support Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct, and other audit and compliance initiatives as needed (Internal and external Audit, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience in either Onboarding, HR Operations, or New Hire/Employee Experience.
- 3+ years of customer-service skills with proven track record of customer satisfaction management
- Strong HR processes development and implementation experience in a hybrid, distributed workforce environment
- Detail-oriented, get-things-done professional who can think strategically, adapt quickly, and exhibit great communication & event planning skills, teamwork, collaboration with an upbeat attitude.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to evaluate current state, find opportunities for improvement and develop a project plan for strong execution
- Excellent project management, time-management skills, and attention to detail
- Discretion in handling confidential information
- Passion about accelerating social progress and excited to work jointly with a team of scientists, academics, community activists and technologists to build a brighter future for everyone!
CZI believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission and work to cure, manage, and prevent disease. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all applicants and employees to come onsite to a CZI facility. CZI will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
a future for everyone