Manager, Inclusion and Diversity
The Manager, Global Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) will have the opportunity to drive strategic initiatives that further a culture where colleagues can bring their whole selves to work. The Manager will help advance American Express’ I&D strategy by supporting the company’s Colleague Networks and key heritage celebrations and cultural moments. This individual may also support other areas of I&D execution, as needed, to further evolve American Express’ commitment to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging.
- Co-create and implement Colleague Network strategy to deliver more streamlined operations, effective colleague engagement and increase impact.
- Provide effective guidance and oversight to Executive Sponsors & Colleague Network leads and ensuring alignment and integration of their strategic plans and programming with the goals of the enterprise Inclusion & Diversity strategy.
- Support other key network components, including:
- Network leader selection, appointments, and on-boarding/training
- Develop, implement, and refresh policies, toolkits, guidelines, and templates
- Leveraging data analytics, where available, to identify opportunities and provide recommendation
- Provide ad-hoc operational support and consultation
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to deploy key heritage celebrations and cultural moments across the enterprise
- Support the planning of forums for targeted colleague groups
- Monitor the external ecosystem and advise on developing new strategies for emerging needs
- 3+ years of driving global inclusion and diversity efforts, ideally experience working with colleague networks
- Ability to work across different levels and functions to build relationships with key stakeholders and champions
- Strong project management skills to handle complex projects simultaneously
- Forward-thinking, and detailed-oriented
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate awareness and understanding of multiple facets of diversity with a focus on intersectionality, including but not limited to cultural, ethnic, racial, religious, gender, generational, age, sexual orientation, and other differences that make us unique.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Provide the world’s best customer experience every day.