People Operations Manager
We are on a mission
Increasing housing supply remains a massive challenge in US cities, and the fragmented nature of the real estate industry has resisted innovation at scale. Juno is a real estate startup radically rethinking how housing and apartments get designed, built, and developed. Through a productized approach to ground-up development, we bring new precision, speed, and sustainability to our projects and are unlocking new opportunities to bring healthier, design-forward housing to US cities at scale.
Juno is tackling challenges in architecture, industrial design, manufacturing, supply chain optimization, property management, community development, and finance.
While our outward goal is to enrich people’s lives by delivering a better place for the world to call home, our internal goal remains equally ambitious. Juno is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where people of all backgrounds feel deeply and genuinely welcome. Thank you for considering us as you think about your next chapter. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
We’re looking for our first People/HR hire, as part of an early stage startup team of 20 people and growing. This person is responsible for designing, defining, and executing our foundational people ops strategy across the org, with a heavy emphasis on recruiting and hiring. Our ideal candidate is a self-directed HR generalist who is familiar with early stage environments. They are excited to work cross-functionally to bring strategy and structure to the org, they excel at coaching and building trust, and they break down challenges into solution-oriented action steps and follow through.
This role will report on an interim basis to our CEO, with day to day guidance from our Head of Building Operations & Experience, until eventually reporting to our incoming COO.
Juno as a company has embraced a fully remote approach to work, with teammates based in cities across the US, with regular opportunities to get together in-person. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, and generally Juno operates on West coast time.
Areas of Focus (including but not limited to)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives
- Employee engagement
- Employer branding
- Onboarding and Offboarding, including exit interviews
- Feedback and performance management
- Manager training
- Compensation Strategy
- ATS and HRIS platform administration
- Succession planning
- Levels, titles, and promotion process
- Headcount forecasting and reforecasting
- Recognition program
- Direct rollouts to team regarding HR policies, initiatives, and changes
What We're Looking for in a Teammate
- 5+ years of experience in HR
- High EQ
- Experience with executive stakeholder management and change management
- Direct experience with full-cycle recruiting
- Professionalism and discretion
- Coaching ability/ability to earn trust
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to devise strategy and then roll up your sleeves to execute
- You are detail-oriented, organized, and capable of dealing with ambiguity;
- You can translate goals into actionable plans. You are self-motivated, self-directed, and eager to take ownership of opportunities to ensure solution;
- You are able to prioritize, multi-task, learn, adapt, and work well under pressure in a rapidly evolving environment;
- You can proactively manage up and across;
- You’re a positive, empathetic team player skilled at collaboration and communication;
- You’re low ego and constantly curious. You believe no task is too small;
- You are mission aligned to the belief that people deserve a quality living experience at more attainable prices
- Experience at a technology-oriented early stage or high-growth startup
- Experience with the above at a company with a distributed or partially distributed workforce across time zones
- Background in hospitality, multifamily real estate/the built environment, or manufacturing
- Familiar with Slack, Google Suite, TriNet, and Lever
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certified
Juno encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reimagining the cities of tomorrow