Head of People Operations
Empowerly (empowerly.com) is a platform for personalized college and career guidance that is rapidly growing. Our mission is to empower students to become the most successful version of themselves.
We’re looking to make our first full-time HR hire: a highly skilled, organized, and scrappy Head of People Operations. This candidate is an adaptive and technologically savvy professional who can wear many hats and thrive in an early stage, fast paced environment. This candidate must be willing to build this function from scratch, own all processes, management, and execution, and will report directly to the CEO.
Empowerly is rapidly growing and has raised over $1.6 million to date from top Silicon Valley venture capital firms. Empowerly is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and this role will be remote, anywhere in the US.
In this job, you will:
- Lead and own the entire function related to talent, people development, culture, and HR to help us scale from 30 to 60 to 100 and beyond. This will start as a team of one and will grow to a team of a few over time.
- Work with managers and external recruiters to manage our headcount plan and hit our required number of new hires on an annual basis.
- Provide top-notch employee experience, including onboarding, career development, compensation, employee benefits, and more.
- Be a trusted leader, working closely with the executive team to design and implement the company's people strategy to optimize growth, productivity, and engagement with all employees.
- When appropriate, build an all-star team of recruiters and implement hiring processes that will support our hypergrowth.
- Help us continue to foster our culture of feedback, growth, and transparency via managing the performance review and feedback cycles.
- Be a coach to everyone in the org: leadership, managers, and the entire team. Identify and consult on people-related issues and policies across the company.
- Develop organization-wide metrics related to hiring goals, employee NPS, and more to measure the health of our organization.
- Understand remote/hybrid strategy and create a sense of company belonging with online and offline events.
- Coach and develop people in their current roles to improve performance and prepare them for future roles.
- 3+ years of management experience ― you have demonstrated experience building and managing a successful team of HR professionals and recruiters
- 5+ years of HR professional experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment ― You have been in People/People Ops at companies that have grown anywhere from 20 to 100 and are excited to bring just the right amount of structure to our organization.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certified
- Demonstrated background working in scrappy environments which required you to get your hands dirty, and a passion for and ability to thrive in this type of environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable taking the initiative and working independently
- Excellent managerial and peer references
What we offer:
- Growth opportunity and autonomy given we're a high-growth startup
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, flexible PTO
Interested in what we're doing? We'd love to hear from you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowerly makes college admissions expertise more accessible.