This job is no longer accepting applications.
(Alternate Locations: Redmond, Washington | Atlanta, Georgia | Ft. Lauderdale, Florida | Dallas, Texas | Mountain View, California | Reston, Virginia | Raleigh, North Carolina)
The Microsoft Customer and Partner Solutions (MCAPS) HR team is responsible for accelerating the business, culture, and people agenda for core portfolio businesses at Microsoft. Our MCAPS HR Consulting team provides world class HR service and solutions to over 60,000 managers and employees worldwide.
If your technical expertise is focused on data and people, then this is the role for you! In this role you will help to build, manage, and scale the reporting and forecasting capabilities for our HR Consulting team. While there are a variety of responsibilities of an HR Consultant, the core of this role is about data-driven decisions and outcomes. This role will help influence our HR and Operational leadership by separating the signals from the noise – driving toward analytics & insights, rather than simply data and reporting. As an HR data analyst you will build reports, compile metrics, own ad hoc analysis, and partner across the ecosystem to communicate insights to key stakeholders. You will not only execute on the required skills but also be able to influence, educate, and design solutions based on insights and/or predictions. This team is responsible for maturing the portfolio of scalable solutions and repeatable processes to enable the delivery of MCAPS people priorities, HR Consulting initiatives and critical run activities.
To be successful in this role, the individual in this position will need to excel at scoping and contracting (consulting), analytical problem solving, operational execution, communications, continuous improvement, and cross boundary collaboration. It is essential that the individual has proven experience in modeling core company values and contributing to a culture of inclusion. Strong co-operation and collaboration with all HR and business stakeholders are must-have assets.
HR Solutions Consulting
- Provides expert consulting services to managers and employees in one or more focus areas related to HR programs, processes, and initiatives; engages and collaborates with HR partners to influence the decision-making related to managed programs, processes, and initiatives; analyzes the situations for a business, region, or geography and offers perspectives as a subject matter expert.
- Conducts, informs, and/or participates in cross-functional data analysis related to processes managed, with data supported by Human Resources Business Intelligence (HRBI)/Human Resources (HR) Report; partners with Human Resources Business Partners (HRBP) on organizational health diagnostics to identify and present trends/insights in a structured way; escalates risks and concerns related to organizational health. Interprets reports based on the business/local context; makes ad-hoc, data-driven recommendations by doing research and communicating with business leaders.
HR Project and Programs
- Drives the execution, implementation, and/or operation of scalable Human Resources programs (e.g., Rhythm of Business (ROB)/performance and development cycle, management excellence communities, employee movement, ad-hoc projects); acts as a liaison to collaborate with Center of Excellence (CoE) and a business, region, or geography.
- Leads the design and implementation of local HR projects or programs (e.g., critical positions retention, mid-year performance checkpoint) based on the unique needs of a business, region, or geography.
- Leverages, aligns, and integrates communication strategies and messages from the Center of Excellence (CoE) and customizes the messages (e.g., resource documents, training documents, presentations, web-based information) for a business, region, or geography.
- Conducts one-on-one consulting/coaching with managers on performance management and development-related processes based on established training agenda and communication plans; conducts or designs training sessions/events for employees and managers.
- In partnership with peer Human Resource (HR) disciplines and professions (e.g., Talent Management, Learning and Development), manages/implements scalable capability building projects, programs, and/or other initiatives (e.g., manager excellence community, manager capability, onboarding, team-building, rewards communication) by leveraging existing resources/solutions to mitigate duplicated efforts for a business, region, or geography.
- Uses data to participate in identifying and anticipating training needs within a business, region, or geography; recommends customized solutions (e.g., training, communication) to address capability gaps, and coordinates and/or delivers training.
- Understands and applies Microsoft values and current HR policies regarding managed projects and programs (e.g., leave and retirement, immigration, performance improvement program); advises employees and managers on compliance to policies and procedures.
- Facilitates the localization/update of policies and procedures related to managed projects and programs by analyzing trends and making recommendations to Human Resource (HR) partners (e.g., HRBP); may manage and initiate the updates to policies (e.g., benefits-related) in collaboration with peer HR disciplines (e.g., HR Shared Services Support).
- 7+ years experience with Human Resources or Business programs/processes
- OR Bachelor’s Degree AND 5+ years experience with Human Resources or Business programs/processes.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)/Society for Human Resources Management-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more