This job is no longer accepting applications.
Aero is on a mission to redefine air travel—inspired by the golden age of aviation, designed for modern life. Direct, premium flights via private terminals offer guests the comfort of low-contact travel and the effortlessness of flying private, in our beautifully designed jets. From custom aircraft to our Hosts and our dedicated Concierge teams, everything we do is personalized, placing the guest at the heart of everything we do. We pride ourselves on being dedicated, compassionate hosts both with our guests and our teammates. At Aero, we are one team and we support each other, knowing together we are stronger as we build a business to reimagine the future of travel.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Aero is at an exciting stage of growth. We are looking for a strategically-minded operator to come in as VP of People and help us radically rethink how we attract, compensate, develop and retain a truly world-class team.
As VP of People, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Human Resources function for Aero worldwide, across all offices, looking after employees and contractors. In addition, you will be an integral part of the leadership team, reporting to the CEO, and working closely with the Exec office to design, implement and manage talent development across the company. Over time, you will build and grow a team of HR professionals in the geographies in which we operate.
As VP of People, you will hit the ground running, reviewing existing policies and procedures, while overseeing recruitment, onboarding, compensation, and employee development.
Given the scope of the role, the ideal candidate will have functional expertise in human resources and talent development, but will have also operated at a senior level in a company. This role requires a strategic thinker with strong business acumen, who can also be extremely hands-on in the short term. Philosophically, the ideal candidate will believe that culture is integral to a company, and will help build rapport within the Aero team, enabling it to scale into a best-in-class organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
Formalizing the HR function by:
- Streamlining recruiting
- Assisting with organizational design
- Auditing and overseeing the company’s talent management program
- Creating a career development and succession planning program
- Writing, owning, and formalizing all HR functional documents
Once the systems are in place, the VP of People will:
- Oversee the team managing the full-cycle recruiting process, including: candidate sourcing, interviewing, and candidate evaluation
- Oversee the development and implementation of proactive diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives in support of Aero’s strategic plan to create a learning and working environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed.
- Manage various company programs such as training, professional development, performance management, and employee engagement.
- With the support of Shared Services Partners: design and administer benefits programs, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, STD/LTD, and COBRA eligibility.
- Provide coaching, counseling, and guidance regarding complex employment issues. Conduct investigations, escalating matters as appropriate.
- Manage and continue to improve Aero’s compensation plan with an emphasis on fairness and transparency.
- Ensure compliance with various employment laws in each country and state where Aero has employees. Work with legal to interpret applicable laws and regulations and make recommendations that are consistent with Aero’s culture, while minimizing risk.
- While no one individual will possess them all, the successful candidate will bring many of the following experiences, skills, and attributes to the table:
- Have a minimum of 10+ years of HR / People experience with specific expertise in fast-growth startups
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with a proven track record in building and running People programs at large and small companies.
- Be able to work with data to drive insights and identify opportunities
- Have experience in the areas of: compliance, immigration, recruiting, talent management, compensation, and benefits administration
- Have strong HR legal compliance expertise, and be able to work with Aero Legal to ensure compliance
- Be able to deliver engaging leadership communication verbally and in writing
- Be a credible leader perceived as a trusted consultant and functional expert to senior leadership. Ability to develop and maintain effective working, collaborative relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Aviation is a plus
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture
At Aero, our comprehensive benefits package includes dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) plan; and self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies.
Aero is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Redefining air travel.