This job is no longer accepting applications.
Blue Bottle Coffee is a passionate and growing team of hundreds around the world, united by the simple purpose of getting great coffee (and food) to everyone who asks for it. We roast on three coasts, make delicious drinks, clean up after ourselves, bake cookies, get change at the bank, and say please and thank you. We’re an impossibly eclectic group of coffee experts, artists, writers, sensory scientists, bakers, designers, and all-around dreamers, who also happen to be some of the most hard working and talented in the business. Join us.
About the job
Blue Bottle is writing a new chapter to the story and traditions of coffee and hospitality, and the Director, People (NA) will help us build the company and culture to do it. This is an amazing opportunity to build and drive a significant portion of the Global People function at one of the fastest-growing specialty coffee and consumer brands in the world. Blue Bottlers love our company, products, and mission - a great foundation from which to make Blue Bottle the place to start and pursue a career in world-class hospitality and delicious food & beverage.
This position will be based in Oakland, CA and is reporting to the leader of the Global People function.
- Collaborate with NA General Manager(s) and/or People Leader(s) country to establish People strategy to support our business objectives, including headcount planning and approvals
- Develop programs and implement People-related systems/tools that help our NA employees do their best work and navigate our culture while driving towards our ambitious business goals
- Liaise with Global teams, specifically Centers of Excellence (e.g., Learning & Development, Total Rewards) to implement consistent talent acquisition, talent management, total rewards, and People operations practices across our NA region
- Lay a foundation of scalable People processes that can help our NA region reach its fullest potential
- Provide proactive consultation and direction to leadership team in areas of employee relations, performance management, recruiting, training and development, and overall organizational effectiveness
- Advise on the design of a delightful and hospitable employee experience, from onboarding to offboarding and everything in between
- Partner with local HR resources to maintain compliance with all employment and labor laws locally to ensure we are always meeting and/or exceeding our legal and compliance obligations
- Proactively drive and lead leadership development & employee trainings
- Lead, coach and develop a team of HR professionals in various COE's"
- Strategic, structured and savvy, bringing together business judgment
- A leader who is both a great role model as well as fantastic coach who brings out the best in others
- Deeply focused on delivering top-notch internal hospitality and customer service to our employees
- Collaborative and build trust-based relationships with employees
- Comfortable with ambiguity, rapidly changing environments, and building from scratch
- Analytical and metric-oriented, always seeking internal and external data to validate our approach
- Have a great sense of humor, high sense of humility, and insatiable curiosity
- At least 10 years of HR, talent management, talent acquisition and/or total rewards experience within a multi-national organization
- Directly managed a team or teams distributed across multiple countries in the NA region
- Expertise in core HR service functions such as talent management, talent acquisition, total rewards, and employee relations
- Experience in retail, hospitality, food/beverage industries is strongly preferred
- Understanding of employment/labor laws for the United States and Canada
- Fluent verbal and written English skills
- Prior success in implementing HR policies and strategy from the ground up
- Last but not least, a deep love for great coffee, food, and exceptional guest experiences
At Blue Bottle, we aim to provide delightful hospitality to everyone who visits us, in-person or online. We can’t wait to meet you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
coffee roaster - brewers, subscriptions, and brew guides