Head of People
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 30,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the People and Culture team
The Mixpanel People and Culture team is the heart and soul of Mixpanel. We lead with care and empathy and deliver a high-touch employee experience to make Mixpanel a best-in-class, inclusive and supportive place to work and an equitable environment for all employees to grow and advance.
About the role
As the Head of People, you will be reporting directly to the VP of People, leading the development of key people processes, programs, policies, operations & rewards. This is a critical role in delivering our value proposition to employees globally, leading with our Culture and Values and working collaboratively with senior leadership across all functions at a time of rapid growth for Mixpanel. You would be a key leader in the People team, initially overseeing HRBPs & People Operations, with the ability to influence and drive the future vision and strategy for Mixpanel’s award-winning culture. You will lead in a high growth, fast-paced and data-driven company focused on delivering a best-in-class employee experience through continuous improvement and a focus on inclusion and belonging.
- Deliver and drive a unified and best-in-class global people strategy aligned to our vision of being a top employer that cultivates a strong culture through creating an environment that is supportive and inclusive to all employees.
- Execute on key People initiatives and deliver on outcomes, working collaboratively across all core People functions from Talent Acquisition to Employee Experience to Diversity & Inclusion and also cross-functionally with our Payroll team in Finance and Legal teams.
- Manage the day-to-day in People, coaching and mentoring the HRBPs and People Operations teams, and overseeing compliance, immigration, offboarding, compensation and benefits, equity, HR systems, and technology.
- Manage our People tech stack and seek to evaluate and bring in new tools to continuously improve and scale our processes and operations, optimizing for the best experience for employees.
- Oversee people data and analytics to ensure data-driven decision-making at all times, incorporating qualitative and quantitative feedback from engagement surveys, 1:1s, and more into creating effective and empathetic people programs.
- Ensure equitability and consistency in the design and implementation of simple abd enjoyable people experiences, across the key pillars of compensation, benefits, performance management, and more.
- Continually improve and make more efficient company processes and programs with an eye toward new market trends and capabilities needed, executing on a roadmap of initiatives.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience in - and love for - working in a high-growth startup environment in the technology space and has ideally scaled a People function for a company of up to 600 employees.
- Successful track record for inspiring and motivating employees through a compelling vision and strategy for People and Culture, implementing effective and truly “future of work” employee programs.
- A true believer and experienced practitioner in an “Employee is the customer” mindset and continuously embraces and follows evolving employee needs and expectations
- Embraces hybrid work and is excited by the future and all that it means for enabling employees to live their best lives.
- Effective communicator and collaborator — you have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills and know what level to communicate at depending on your audience. You are an excellent team player where no task is too small.
- High emotional intelligence and excellent judgment - you will be dealing with sensitive topics and will need to be able to manage key relationships effectively, acting in the interest of employees and the company at all times. You work highly independently but have a constant eye for collaboration and know when to seek approval.
- Deeply skilled in change management. You know how to get people to understand that a best-in-class employee experience and building a more inclusive workplace are everyone’s responsibility while having a deep sense of personal accountability to drive change, see results and make things happen. You are highly pragmatic about how difficult change is, yet have sky-high ideals and optimism of what we can achieve together.
- Adaptability, agility, and resilience: We believe that change is constant and that there is always a better way to do things. You embrace change, can move quickly and are highly resilient when things are ambiguous, and are excited with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Demonstrates a high intellectual curiosity to always learn and accepts feedback openly and enthusiastically, no matter how difficult the feedback is.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or Masters preferred
- 5+ years experience leading people operations and technology functions in a rapidly growing technology company
- Experience in international locations such as UK, Spain, Singapore, and India
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
powerful, self-serve product analytics to help you convert, engage, and retain more users