Director, Strategy and Special Projects, People Operations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience at a management consulting firm or investment bank, or equivalent project management experience for a technology/data-oriented firm.
- Experience defining, supporting, and managing strategies and operational initiatives in people operations and/or the broader technology space.
- Experience managing people and working with executives.
- MBA or Master's degree in a management, technical, or HR field.
- Experience leading business or organizational transformations at a company, and experience leading global initiatives.
- Systems thinking skills, the ability to think independently of prevailing views, a propensity to action and experience navigating ambiguity.
- Ability to attract, retain, and cultivate a solid and diverse pool of talent.
- Ability to make decisions when presented with challenges and motivate people to deliver based on these decisions.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and analytical skills, combined with effective business judgment.
About the job
The Strategy and Innovation team is responsible for bringing Google-wide People strategy to life by leading global and cross-functional initiatives aligned to our strategy and driving operational excellence across People Operations (POps). Reporting to the Director of Strategic Initiatives, the Director of Strategy and Special Projects and their team will operate like an internal consulting group, working on a range of projects and issues that will help shape People Strategy.
As Director of Strategy and Special Projects, you will design, lead, and sometimes incubate strategic initiatives and projects that can be piloted and scaled across Google. You will be an agent of change with excellent storytelling and strategic change management capabilities. You will build and lead a small team of strategists that will work collaboratively with large teams of Googlers from other organizations to solve substantial problems of high value, thinking through how our Google-wide philosophy will translate into our various Product Areas and functions.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as "Human Resources"). We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
- Work with leadership to define, launch, and drive strategic and operational initiatives that further Google’s business objectives and product priorities. Envision new approaches to existing business problems and offer a range of strategic solutions that have Google-wide impact.
- Build partnerships and engagement with key cross-functional partners across People Operations and Google.
- Lead a small core team of People Operations strategists and larger cross-functional ‘sprint’ teams composed of specialists across the People Operations ecosystem.
- Stay updated on the latest trends and thinking surrounding the ‘Future of Work’ and broader ‘people topics’ to drive new ideas and opportunities for HR industry disruption.
- Drive People Operations brand development through storytelling and culture.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
do the right thing