Sr. Director, Diversity Equity & Inclusion Partners
This job is no longer accepting applications.
(Locations: Washington, San Francisco, Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York City)
What You’ll Do
- Lead a small but mighty team that builds relationships and trust with organizations and advocacy groups that further the public conversation on Twitter and drive progress towards a more diverse, inclusive, equitable and accessible future for everyone.
- Leverage the power of Twitter to elevate the work of diversity partners and amplify campaigns and initiatives that have a positive impact on diversity, equity and inclusion and enhance Twitter’s employer reputation.
- Increase understanding of Twitter’s work in diversity, equity and inclusion and expand the capacity of diversity partners to be successful in their work on Twitter.
- Align with internal stakeholders to represent Twitter among external organizations focused on matters of diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility–– particularly Black, Latinx, Indigenous, Women, and LGBTQ+ communities.
- Work with Twitter’s Public Policy team to forge connections between external diversity partners and Twitter, both at the leadership level and with other internal stakeholders on diversity, equity and inclusion in the tech industry and corporate world at large.
- Establish the long term strategic vision and convene/manage the ICD Advisory Council of experts to address DEI issues and trends where opportunities for collaboration would benefit Twitter and the work across our industry.
- Serve on the I&D leadership team, influence the strategy and direction to help the team build and implement adaptable plans that meet the business and our partners where they are, but lead them through a thoughtful, data-driven growth journey on I&D.
Who You Are
- You possess subject matter expertise, are passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion, and have deep relationships with organizations that advocate for historically-excluded and/or marginalized populations.
- You are comfortable working closely with senior executives and can manage cross functional decision-making groups with ease.
- You have well-rounded problem solving skills, and make decisions that are informed by data but also taking into account the positions of key stakeholders.
- You lead with empathy, possess good judgment, make right on-brand decisions when called for, and know when to seek approval.
- You communicate effectively on complex issues in a clear and credible way; you are a good listener, give/take clear direction verbally and have strong writing and speaking skills
- You often calmly solve unforeseen situations as they arise.
- You are highly organized, detail focused, results-driven, and able to handle stress and last-minute, urgent requests
- You are an active and contributing member in our team’s creative think tank
- At least 15 years direct experience working on behalf of historically excluded and/or marginalized populations within government, NGOs, academia, advocacy organizations, and/or the corporate sector. Experience in multiple sectors is a plus.
- Excellent leadership and management abilities with first-rate personal, strategic, analytical and organizational skills
- An empathetic leader who cares about people, provides opportunities for people from all backgrounds to succeed and inspires and motivates others.
- Guided by a personal integrity that reflects Twitter core values and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Record of maintaining the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity
Who We Are
We’re on a journey to be the world’s most diverse, inclusive and accessible tech company. Together, we strive for a Tweepforce that reflects the diversity of the people who use Twitter everyday and a culture where every Tweep can bring their authentic selves to work. We also care deeply about the health of the public conversation, and the work of partners on Twitter working to make the world a more diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible place for everyone.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.