Chief People Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Chief People Officer has an integral role on the Starboard leadership team in realizing opportunities and overcoming challenges that face the organization and in supporting its mission and strategies. S/he will be essential in driving the talent strategy and building a culture that fuels the new business model. Reporting to the CEO, the Chief People Officer is a core member of the Starboard Executive Leadership Team and is responsible for all aspects of People & Talent, globally. The employee population includes 2,000 shipboard employees and 300 land-based employees (in Miami, Genoa and Shanghai).
What you’ll be doing:
1) Organizational Effectiveness: Identify strategies and tactics to accelerate the alignment of the organization structure, culture, talent and capabilities with the business' customer & experience-driven approach. Create a repeatable and reliable approach to talent assessment for land-based and shipboard employees.
- Culture Management: Lead, shape, and advance Starboard’s culture and core values.
- Talent Management & Development: Revolutionize the company's approach to Talent at all levels by assessing, designing and executing talent processes to recruit, develop and maintain the right talent Starboard's new business model. Create clarity in roles & responsibilities, a competency model and framework for assessing skills and performance, and an approach to leadership development that accelerates performance within the new business model.
- Executive Leadership: Add value as a strategic business partner to the CEO and Executive Leadership team, serving as trusted advisor to leaders and employees. Assert leadership to drive alignment among leaders and exhibit managerial courage in bringing the right people together on the right topics needed to drive the business forward in a unified fashion.
2) HR Functional Leadership:
- Articulate business strategies through people - structure, capabilities, roles & responsibilities. Align all the disciplines of HR, including compensation, benefits, internal communications, HRIS and HR generalists to deliver on an employee value proposition that supports the business strategy. Streamline HR processes to enable organizational adoption and quality execution of the fundamentals.
What we’re looking for:
- Talent Development: Career is rooted in talent, organizational and leadership development discipline with track record of identifying needs of organization and creating business-driven talent strategies
- Culture Management: Experience defining cultural attributes and successfully leading an organizational through a cultural evolution.
- High-Service, Dispersed Organization: Extensive experience in Retail is ideal; familiarity with consumer-service or multi-unit business is essential. Must be effective in and passionate about managing HR for a highly dispersed field workforce, with a strong brand and consumer orientation.
- Organizational Leadership: Proven skills in people management and an ability to negotiate and influence across all levels of an organization, including meaningfully interaction with shipboard staff, office staff and the LVMH group. Strong experience coaching, advising and influencing senior managers. Ability to work with a diverse group of leaders to build consensus around the HR/ People agenda. Attracts, manages and develops strong teams and provides the appropriate leadership, structure, coaching, training and development
- Process Management: Track record of figurine out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities, what to measure and how to measure it. Can identify process gaps and put process where it doesn't exist to improve organization effectiveness
- Experience in direct-to-consumer business with multi-units or in business with high touch sales process.
- Must have wisdom and demonstrated ability to build something that hasn’t been done before.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; thrives in a dynamic, change environment focused on performance
- Strong presence, energetic, engaged, authentic; instills trust; and maintains and develops top-level internal and external relationships
- Results oriented; driven, proactive and focused; guided by metrics and measurable results
- Formulates clear & balanced point of view
- Strong voice and courage to constructively challenges the senior management team when appropriate yet listens
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and be hands-on
- Highest standards of integrity; aligned with company values
- Passionate about the Starboard client, cruise partner and employee
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a Human Resources or related field
Your application has been successfully submitted.
revolutionizing shopping on board cruise ships