Head of People
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are
Realm is building a single destination for homeowner insights. Primary residences account for 62% of the average American’s total assets, but there’s no accessible platform homeowners can turn to for unbiased, actionable advice — until now. From the day you buy your home to the day you sell it, you’re making a series of expensive and confusing decisions. To navigate these decisions, homeowners try to cobble together information from biased experts, googling, and friends. Realm's free insights and tools help homeowners across the US make informed decisions. Our nationwide product is powered by technology, with a human touch. Our insights help homeowners navigate complex & expensive home decisions, ranging from how much to spend on a kitchen renovation to when to refinance.
As Head of People, you will
- Drive mission-critical recruiting for 20+ roles - hiring/managing an internal Recruiter and effectively and efficiently leveraging external recruiters/sourcers to achieve our ambitions hiring objectives
- Collaborate with the CEO and other team members to create/curate a customer-centric, collaborative, and winning culture
- Build out the People/Talent Function Product Roadmap at Realm, cultivating close relationships with the leadership team to guide priorities based on the most pressing needs e.g. the new hire onboarding process and resource center
- Update our HR and People Ops to be seamless, automated, and scalable
- Set our employee engagement strategy, and implement size and culture-appropriate performance management processes.
What we're looking for
- 8+ years of well rounded people/talent experience, including prior experience at a small fast growing startup
- Experience working effectively with both technical as well as non-technical populations - supporting/optimizing both the candidate and employee lifecycles
- A proven record of successfully gaining executive alignment around People/Talent program priorities - and driving their implementation/success
- A strong working knowledge of benefits, compensation, & people analytics
- Past experience that demonstrates the ability to manage vendors to support the organizational needs in HR fields where we won’t have full-time resources for a while, e.g. Learning & Development
- A self-starter that enjoys working independently and collaborating
More about Realm
We raised a 12M Series A round from GGV, Primary Venture Partners, Lerer Hippeau, and Liberty Mutual Strategic Ventures in July 2021. We have ~20 full-time team members and are growing the team 3x over the next 6 months. Our team is motivated by our mission of helping American homeowners enjoy their space more, while increasing the value of their biggest asset.
- Break new ground At Realm, we’re pioneers. We push the boundaries of what’s possible. Fearless creativity and curiosity helps us — and our customers — win.
- Own the outcome We champion independence, risk-taking, and responsibility. Take a leap and own the outcome. Your team and our customers are counting on you!
- Try, learn, try again Perfection is a myth. We move fast. Things break. Things change. Not only is that OK, it’s the goal. Adjusting and adapting helps us learn and grow at lightning speed.
- Keep it on the level We’re radically honest with ourselves, each other, and our customers. We’ll always give homeowners the best advice, even if it’s not best for Realm.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
the keys to your home's potential — make smart choices for your home using data you can trust