This job is no longer accepting applications.
(Locations: Denver, CO; New York City, NY; San Francisco, CA)
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gusto’s People team is growing and scaling with the company! As our business scales and becomes more complex, and as we add hundreds of new Gusties each year, we need to ensure that our strategies for engagement with our employees are positive, engaging, values-driven and compliant.
As a People Partner, you will drive people strategies and solutions for a designated organization and/or subset of teams within Gusto. You’ll support your organization’s Leader and their Leadership team with strategic and tactical people and talent planning and execution.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Diagnose, translate, and define current and future business needs into an overall integrated People/Talent Plan
- As a People Partner, serve as a change agent and member of your organization’s leadership team to help drive strategic growth plans and objectives across the organization.
- Provide organizational development interventions and support including organization design, development solutions, leadership coaching, and proactive change management.
- Engage in strategic workforce planning by assessing organizational capabilities; identify competency and talent gaps, ensure development of people resources; and introduce succession planning.
- Initiate and maintain effective communications with leadership and employees; provide coaching and guidance on matters related to performance management, offer feedback on style and behaviors to improve employee productivity and engagement.
- Build strong partnerships across the People team roles and functions (Invite, Talent Development, Compensation and Benefits) as well as operate as part of a larger People Partner team to create a consistent Gustie experience.
- Lead the organization you support to achieve its People objectives, including attracting, hiring and onboading great talent, developing and retaining Gusties, and achieving our goals around representation and inclusion.
- 5+ years in People Partner or Business HR roles, operating as an HR Business Partner/People Partner in a large to mid-size tech company. Alternatively, you’ve held progressively senior roles in other parts of the People function, with demonstrated ability to craft a strategy and be accountable for delivering to it.
- Experience working with executive leadership is required.
- Strong executive presence, proven ability to influence and coach leaders, and exceptional interpersonal skills are key.
- You’ve earned a Bachelor’s degree; an MBA or MS in HR Management is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly and concisely communicate to employees of all levels effectively.
- Strategic thinking and ability to translate strategy into plans for execution.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and competing priorities with a sense of urgency and the ability to pivot quickly based on changing needs of the business.
- Significant experience with workforce analytics plus the ability to use data and reporting to drive strategic decisions.
- A proven track record of developing and leading organizational change initiatives that deliver real business results.
- Agility to thrive in ambiguity, and excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to maintain a level of confidentiality and handle issues ethically and with integrity
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $104,000 - $161,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $122,000 - $190,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
serving 200,000+ new and growing businesses with modern payroll, benefits, and HR tools