Head of Hiring Experience
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education. Across our core initiatives of Science and Education, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and advocacy, to progress in our mission of building an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
CZI also supports multiple work options. Learn more about our philosophy and approach here.
The Head of Hiring Experience is a steward of the candidate, hiring manager, interviewer and recruiter experience at CZI. Leading a team of world class Recruiting professionals, you will define our approach to candidate experience, and own the complex logistics and operations that go into a hiring process. You will fuel the building of the organization by maximizing talent attraction from a wide range of traditional and non-traditional backgrounds for CZI.You will conceive, create, improve and steward processes that scale to the entire organization which ensure CZI can attract and evaluate exceptional talent.
- Understand that a delightful experience is paramount for everyone CZI engages with, understanding that long term relationships will lead to attracting exceptional talent to CZI
- Design and execute strategies that increase the efficiency of how our recruiting team operates
- Support key recruiting tools and processes: Greenhouse (our ATS), job boards, playbooks and documentation, interview processes, scheduling, and reporting of metrics.
- Bring a deep seated passion for candidate experience and how to maximize it to advance candidate value proposition and employer branding
- Understand how to interpret organizational needs, translate them into processes and then program manage their delivery
- Lead a team; you love hiring, developing and retaining a team that thrives under your leadership
- Be an exceptional cross functional collaborator, bringing a partnership mindset to all dealings and hold the philosophy that we call succeed together
- Manage external partnerships to ensure that we have all the tools necessary to hire the talent the organization needs
- Love data and use analysis to influence decisions and strategy
- Know that diverse teams will enable us to build what will best support the communities we serve
- Know how to evolve an employer brand and bring it to life with candidates
- Know how to thrive in ambiguity, remain positive in chaos and lead through change
- Think strategically about opportunities and challenges, and bring the capability to deliver tactically when required
- Be deeply aligned to our mission to build a Future for Everyone
- 6+ years experience working in Recruiting organizations
- 2+ years people management experience in Recruiting organizations
- A deep understanding of Recruiting Co-ordination
- Strong analytical skills, driven by a deep understanding of data drive practices
- Fluency in DEI concepts, programs and initiatives, and experience in their application to build programs that attracting and hire diverse talent
- A track record of effective cross functional collaboration across disciplines
- Exceptional communication skills demonstrated at all levels of an organization
- Excellent project management capabilities, you are able to manage multiple, sophisticated workstreams and prioritize projects concurrently
- The ability to thrive in a rapidly growing and unstructured environment
- High integrity and alignment with CZI’s mission and values
- Ability to work at all levels - strategic, operational, and tactical
CZI believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission and work to cure, manage, and prevent disease. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all applicants and employees to come onsite to a CZI facility. CZI will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
a future for everyone