Head of People and Culture
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Futurestay is the operating system for short-term rentals. Our award-winning product empowers Independent rental managers to start and grow thriving businesses across our partner platforms including Airbnb, Booking.com, VRBO, Google and more, and succeed in the rapidly scaling $120B short-term rental industry.
We are looking for an experienced Head of People and Culture leader to help us grow our team, recruit and retain amazing people and make sure our team members love working at Futurestay. A great candidate for this role will have experience with scaling companies, operating in a startup environment, and working strategically to implement processes that reflect cultural values and business needs. As our first full-time People Ops hire, you'll be shaping and building out this function over time. And as we grow, you will scale our processes, implement new solutions, and help grow the team. You'll support building a collaborative, cohesive culture that is team-driven, values-driven, and uses data to drive decisions, performance, and recognition. You will ensure that we maintain and build on that culture as we quickly grow our team around the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to enter leadership at a rapidly scaling, worldwide reaching, post series A company.
- Own the hiring and onboarding process at Futurestay as we grow our team
- Partner with stakeholders across the company to lead recruiting efforts and create leadership talent development programs
- Develop programs to engage and connect with Futurestay team members
- Identify and implement best-in-class systems to allow for rapid growth on a global scale
- Own, maintain and strengthen the company culture as we grow our team
- Create programs and support resources and systems to allow Futurestay team members to be their best
- Encourage a fast-moving culture throughout the organization
- Develop and articulate business cases for people focused initiatives
- Create and inspire a people leadership organization to support the growth of the Futurestay team
- Manage key human resources systems and processes for the organization
- 5+ years of general human resources experience including experience building systems and processes from the ground up and leading a small team of direct reports
- An undergraduate degree is required, preferably in human resources, business administration or a relevant field
- Continuing education and/or professional certifications such as PHR, SPHR, or SHRM-CP or SCP are a strong plus!
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and scaling a team during a growth stage is required; tech startup experience is a plus
- Strong grasp of which human resources processes to prioritize for a growing company
- A deep sense of empathy and understanding for the needs of diverse groups of people
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Relentlessly positive attitude, good sense of humor and the ability to have fun at work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
We value diversity of thought, worldview, and experience, and commit to making hiring decisions based upon the character traits and capabilities that correlate to being successful in this job. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application!
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
futurestay is the on-demand automation, connectivity, and payments platform for private accommodations