Head of People Operations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
We are the Everyday Robot Project at X, a moonshot that brings together people with varied abilities and backgrounds to build a future where robots can be as helpful to people in the physical world as computers now are in the virtual world. We believe that the future of robotics and AI can unfold in a way that has lasting positive impact in our everyday lives and our wider communities. Our mission is to build learning robots that help people everyday and everywhere live better lives. Creating robots that can learn in different ways involves navigating some of the hardest challenges in robotics today. It’s an ambiguous and iterative process, so we’ve worked hard to create a team environment where collaboration and creativity can flourish, and where people always feel comfortable bringing their unique perspectives and expertise to the table.
The Everyday Robot Project @ X is looking for an elite People Operations Leader to expand, retain and grow an impactful team that are using breakthrough technology in order to solve huge problems that will eventually impact billions of people. To learn more about our team and our moonshot, check out this blogpost.
In this role, you will help architect and build the People Ops Infrastructure for The Everyday Robot Project. You will be the leader of the team behind the team that is bringing Everyday Robots from a science-fiction-sounding moonshot to an everyday reality.
- Provide expertise in programs and processes in the areas of compensation, workforce planning, talent management, employee engagement, and equity, inclusion, and diversity (EID).
- Build and lead a thriving team to deliver a premier employee-focused environment.
- Offer thought leadership regarding people-related strategy and execution, advising leadership team on organizational structure, company culture, and related matters.
- Roll out and maintain creative, innovative initiatives to attract, retain and inspire extraordinary talent.
- Ensure we have strong and diverse hiring pipelines, clear processes and accurate statistics, trained managers and effective people programs
- Extensive validated experience leading Talent Management, general HR and Recruiting
- A hands-on leader capable of taking initiative to drive deeply sophisticated strategy discussions
- Creativity, perseverance and flexibility; comfortable with a high rate of change and ability to navigate ambiguity
- Strong intuition for business and the skills to translate the needs of the core business function into people solutions
- Ability to influence through effective relationships, data and your industry expertise
- Experience leading a complex set of partners with varying levels of seniority and tenure
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
X is a moonshot factory