Director, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Cultural Excellence
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Let's Grow Together
Our mission is to live our “at your side” promise and simplify and enrich the lives of our customers, employees, and communities. "At your side" is more than a slogan to us; it’s the purpose we do our best to fulfill every day. With a legacy spanning over a century, this is a great place to launch or expand any career and push the boundaries of what comes next. We're committed to achieving shared success, and we provide opportunities for you to develop through experience, exposure and education. Our people have always leveraged their unique perspectives to keep us on the right track for a lasting future. If you want to innovate, learn, and grow with a global leader that builds products, services, and a company people love, then we’ll be “at your side” every step of the way.
The Director, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Cultural Excellence, in alignment with the Executive Leadership Team and Human Resources, provides leadership and coordination within the company and individual efforts to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI). This position
champions Brother's culture, company mission, vision, purpose, and values to our internal audience of employees as well as external candidates. In collaboration with managers and staff at all levels, this role develops and implements DEI strategies, particularly in the areas of organizational culture, staff support and programs.Duties and Responsibilities
DEI Strategy and Advisement
- Develop, integrate, and advise on DEI strategies and initiatives with the goal of fostering positive and sustainable change in the organizational culture, working closely with the DEI Steering Committee, executive leadership and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Advise ERGs in the development of Brother’s strategy for diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging, including thought diversity, in alignment with the company's DEI vision, including frequent interactions with members of the senior leadership team and C-Suite executives
- Leverage business data, engagement/pulse surveys, direct employee feedback, and best practices to influence and collaborate with cross functional teams to identify and drive action items to increase employee engagement and support Brother’s Culture and Shared Values; drive culture initiatives through key cross-functional working groups across organization
- Develop metrics and analyze results to assess the effectiveness of DEI action steps and research on DEI best practices and benchmarks to design and implement initiatives; measure, track and analyze the effectiveness of DEI and people culture strategies and programs
- Provide strategic leadership on policies, best practices and change management in DEI to accelerate a climate of equity and inclusiveness
- Provide training and policy updates to colleagues, ensuring legal compliance of management and human resources staff
- Ensure the DEI program engages stakeholders within the business, HR, communications, strategy management and drives accountability across the organization
- Systematically build out processes and procedures that scale and measure the impact of DEI and people culture
- Measure the impact and effectiveness of these programs to improve short-term and long-term strategies
- Partner closely with our internal stakeholder groups (including HR, marketing, employee learning and development, and other business units) to develop programs that support actions that create a lasting and equitable professional work environment for all
- Drive DEI program objectives through program management and defined project plans including managing implementation of all activities, and developing processes, documentation, and communications for rollout and ongoing support
- Provide ongoing support to Brother’s Cultural Initiatives across all touchpoints of the employee lifecycle, and ultimately drive employee advocacy
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) Business Administration, Human Resources, Psychology or another related discipline, or relevant experience
- Master's Degree MBA or Master’s in Organizational Development - Preferred
- Minimum 10 years Experience in an HR Business Partner or equivalent role, partnering with leaders at multiple levels within an organization and driving a people agenda aligned to business strategy
- Experience in organizational change; recruitment, retention, training; development and implementation and evaluation of programs including facilitation
- Minimum 8 years experience in a senior level DEI capacity, developing strategy, implementing programs and introducing innovative DEI and culture initiatives to the workplace
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Ability to communicate exceptionally (written, interpersonal and group communication) at all levels; with executive team, team leaders, employees and external business partners
- Strong emotional intelligence, ability to handle complex situations and create thoughtful, fair, and company aligned responses
- Demonstrated ability to articulate a vision, translating it into executable strategy and driving cross-functional teams to deliver against a plan
- Demonstrated ability to influence a large group of stakeholders, including senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to create and sustain an environment of mutual respect; commitment to learning about the needs of all employees with a commitment and passion to those from historically underrepresented groups
Brother International Corporation has earned its reputation as a premier provider of home office and business products, home appliances for the sewing and crafting enthusiast as well as industrial solutions that revolutionize the way we live and work. Brother International Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Brother Industries Ltd. With worldwide sales exceeding $6 billion, this global manufacturer was started more than 100 years ago. Bridgewater, New Jersey is the corporate headquarters for Brother in the Americas. It has fully integrated sales, marketing services, manufacturing, research and development capabilities located in the U.S. In addition to its headquarters, Brother has facilities in California, Illinois and Tennessee, as well as subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Peru and Mexico. For more information, visit www.brother.com.
Brother International Corporation ("Brother") is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or make employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal laws. If you require any physical or other assistance in completing this application, a reasonable accommodation will be made upon request.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
at your side