VP of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
This job is no longer accepting applications.
(Locations: San Francisco, CA | New York, NY)
At Bitly, we believe in the power of the link - to start a conversation, build a relationship or grow a business. Our mission is to turn every link into a catalyst for connections. It’s what motivates us to help people share, promote and engage everywhere on the Internet. We do this by being relentlessly product-focused, fostering the free-flowing exchange of ideas, and inspiring people around the world to dream up new ways of using Bitly.
Reporting to our CEO, the Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will build and execute the DE&I strategy and framework working collaboratively across the organization with HR and Business function leaders to advance Bitly’s inclusion and diversity goals and cultivate an environment within Bitly where people from all backgrounds know that they are seen, included and belong. You will work collaboratively across the organization to develop, monitor and report on actionable and measurable DE&I goals, strategies and metrics in alignment with organizational objectives.
- Establish diversity and inclusion excellence as core values throughout all aspects of our employee base and business practices.
- Advise, mentor and collaborate with all levels of leadership to integrate diversity, equity and inclusion practices into employment, workplace and business culture and programs.
- Maintain strong collaborative working relationships amongst cross-functional teams.
- In partnership with Human Resources, define and implement initiatives that focus on attraction, retention and development of talent with diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Work with Human Resources to identify gaps and develop appropriate and effective systems, tools and strategies designed to influence Company-wide change in support of DE&I strategy.
- Analyze applicant/talent lifecycle from hire to retire and implement DE&I best practices to avoid bias and drive inclusion in all documentation, processes and hiring manager trainings.
- Maintain knowledge of diversity-related issues, trends and best practices.
- Lead Bitly’s DE&I Core Committee and partner with Employee Resource Groups to guide and support subcommittee deliverables and ensure alignment with the business.
- Lead and facilitate external facing DE&I initiatives in collaboration with Bitly’s key customers, partners and other stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with Marketing in the areas of PR/communication, media engagement, and events to establish Bitly’s vision & voice as an organization leading broader DE&I change.
- Contribute thought leadership and continually innovate in the DE&I space - turning ideas into action plans that can be implemented within Bitly to further the teams education, understanding and engagement with each other.
- Stay up to date with regulatory and policy developments affecting DE&I and any implications for Bitly.
- Attend/speak at DE&I conferences and on DE&I panels, owning relationships with key DE&I organizations and partners.
- Manage DE&I Budget - Including events, programs, vendors, company initiatives and speakers.
- Bachelor’s degree or above highly desired or equivalent experience; (Diversity and Inclusion, Organizational Development, Change Management, HR or business or related coursework).
- Experience identifying, facilitating, and implementing DE&I programs to scale.
- Ability to define, scope, track performance metrics. Ability to draw meaningful insights from data to create strategy.
- Project management abilities with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Creativity and strong communication, written and interpersonal skills.
- 7+ years of progressive responsibility specializing in diversity programs strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills with experience influencing and negotiating with senior stakeholders to drive change.
- Must have strong listening skills, emotional intelligence and relationship management skills, including the ability to drive healthy discussions around complex issues.
- Must have excellent project management experience, with expertise in designing, building and managing programs at scale that involve significant change management, multiple stakeholders and high profile outcomes.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel.
- Must have exceptional relationship building skills.
- Must have strong organization and time management skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to reason through issues and resolve problems.
- Must have excellent presentation skills with the ability to exert influence, inspire team members and gain buy-in on DE&I vision and goals.
- Customer First. We are fiercely committed to our customers' success. Our Job is to ensure that our trusted platform, performance, and people help customers achieve their goals
- Growth Focused. We are building a fast growing, healthy business powered by quick learning, constant optimization, and data driven decisions
- R.E.S.P.E.C.T. We are a team that respects each other and values diversity and inclusion. We treat others as we’d want to be treated and uphold the highest levels of integrity in everything we do
- >(!=) Greater than, not equal to. We are driven to win, bring our “A Game” to work each day and deliver exceptional results
- Do or Do Not, There is No Try. We say what we are going to do and we do it
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance (all LGBT friendly)
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- One Medical membership: Doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 and receive access to expert insurance guidance where available
- Wellness reimbursement program
- Partial cell phone service reimbursement
- Voluntary LegalShield for legal services and IDShield for identity theft protection
- Unlimited vacation, personal time, and flexible work from home policies
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19, including a home office and separate WiFi stipend
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families
- Budget for professional development opportunities, including courses and conference attendance
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities (when it is safe to do so)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here. (https://bitly.is/CCPACandidates)
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Bitly also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Bitly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
short links, big results