Senior People Partner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
The People Partner consults, coaches, and partners with the business on people and organizational needs. This position manages complex/matrix relationships, collaborating effectively across business and People Team networks. This role also partners with leaders to drive organizational effectiveness, including change management.
- Responds to employee inquiries and questions; provides information, guidance and direction on People Team programs, processes, and procedures to employees and managers.
- Acts as the client group point of contact as well as a thought partner and sounding board for client Leadership Team.
- Promotes diversity awareness in hiring practices and actively partners with the Recruiting Team on strategies that enable MBRDNA to substantially increase hires from underrepresented groups.
- Identifies and implements solutions that address the needs of the business while taking into account the broader implications.
- Partners with People Team colleagues to align and execute on initiatives.
- Partners with internal employment counsel and People Partners to effectively manage possible conflicts related to employment practices.
- Communicates and promotes employee relations best practices.
- Helps develop the next generation of leaders through talent management and career development.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of Human Resources Business Partner experience or HR-related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication to articulately share a vision, communicate a plan, and align action.
- Strong focus on delivering exceptional customer service; demonstrated interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, continually evolving environment and work with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and personal accountability.
- Experience in training and facilitation is required.
- PHR preferred
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
Thank you for your interest in Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
we develop the world's most advanced automotive technology and vehicle design with luxury and style