HR Consulting Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Senior HR Consulting Lead is a key partner in enabling a Microsoft culture where all managers and employees can thrive. This role will work closely with HR and business leaders across the MCAPS US, which is a dynamic sales organization of over 20,000 people in the US, to activate the Microsoft culture. Key to this role is the ability to be impartial and objective to create an inclusive environment through the consistent application of our Microsoft practices, polices and philosophies.
Key responsibilities for this role will include managing, coaching, supporting, and growing a segment of the current Employee Relations team, working closely with the HR Director of Employee Relations. This role will also directly manage complex cases, address escalations, and provide guidance and support. The role will also provide broader support as needed when delivering HR Rhythm of the Business activities such as promotions and reward discussions.
- People Management - You help employees identify growth opportunities, develop skills and build development plans. You drive the execution of projects. You establish and communicate performance expectations, identify and address gaps and monitor performance to ensure plans are met. With a focus on the Microsoft Leadership Principles and our Cultural Attributes, create an environment for the team where each person can be their best self.
- Employee Relations - You direct the diagnostics and resolution of employee relations issues with increasing complexity, visibility and risk related to policy or culture, collaborating with managers, peers in Human Resources and Legal profession as appropriate.
- HR Solutions Consulting - You provide expert consulting services to managers and employees on HR programs, processes, and initiatives. You also influence the future direction of HR work by synthesizing insights and contributing perspectives, expertise, and leadership.
- Capability Building - You build manager capability by conducting one-on-one consulting/coaching with business leaders. You identify and aggregate training needs within the business, region, or geography supported and develop plans to address the needs identified.
- Employee Relations Data and Trend - You interpret trends in employee relations issues; you design and recommend interventions and solutions to facilitate an open, inclusive, Microsoft values-based environment that enables effective employee relations for an assigned business, region, or geography.
- HR Projects & Programs – partner with our colleagues focused on scalable solutions to provide support or resources to implementing programs and projects for our client groups.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Employee Relations - Knowledge of Employee Relations that can deal with a wide variety of employee needs and concerns, such as employee communications, benefits, policies and procedures, morale, employee participation in management decisions, conflict and grievance resolution, trade unions, etc.
- Employee Investigations - Knowledge of Investigations, the conduct of a review, exploration, examination, and/or evaluation of records, events, activities, claims, products, behaviors and other actions in order to discover information relevant to the objectives of the investigation. This includes the ability to address the result of the investigation according to policy and in the interest of the organization.
- Performance Management - Knowledge of and the ability to carry out performance management procedures. This includes the ability to clearly set and communicate performance expectations and goals, monitor performance, conduct performance evaluations, provide ongoing performance feedback, create developmental plans, and correct performance problems.
- Negotiations - The ability to achieve mutually satisfying agreements in negotiations with others by listening to their objectives, acting as the company's representative to effectively communicate the company's objective, and seeking common ground and collaborative solutions.
- Consulting - The skill to influence others, develop and maintain working relationships, and deliver results and/or expertise for a client in a professional manner.
- Data Analytics - You lead data analytics and organizational health diagnostics by creating analysis plans and leading the collaboration with Human Resources Business Partnership (HRBP); you generate and/or present trends and insights on organizational health solutions; you recommend action plans to business leaders based on analytics and business/local needs.
- Human Resources Industry - Knowledge of human resources (HR) industry terminology, technology, research, and practice. This includes knowledge of HR operating environments, issues, trends, and federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and any applicable software.
- Business Knowledge - The ability to appreciate the technical nature of the business, as well as how a particular function relates to that industry and the competition.
- Employment Law - Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations protecting employees from discriminatory treatment, unfair labor practices, unsafe work conditions, etc. This includes the knowledge of applicable planning requirements.
- 9+ years of experience with Human Resources or business programs/processes OR 7+ years of experience with Human Resources or business programs/processes with Bachelor’s degree
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)/Society for Human Resources Management-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- 5+ years of Employee Relations experience progressing in complexity
- 1+ years of people management experience
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more