Director - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
This job is no longer accepting applications.
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets.
As the Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I), you will take on the role as a thought leader and trusted partner to the business. You will help define and achieve the goals put forward in eBay’s DE&I strategy. This position reports directly to the Global Head of DE&I.
As the resident subject matter expert, you will oversee and analyze company demographics, assess trends, and provide data-informed insights to key partners. You will be the face of the DE&I team for the groups you support and initiatives that you lead, cascading education, products, and services to meet the business’ needs. You will also play a critical role in ensuring the growth and continued success of the Communities of Inclusion (COIs - akin to Employee Resource Groups or Affinity Networks) program.
The Director of DE&I is an evangelist for the DE&I vision and is a leader in effectively integrating our mission across the People Team, our COIs, the business, our users and external communities. You understand the critical role data plays in developing effective solutions and lead with a human-centric perspective.
- Drive institutional programming for new people leaders, employee development programs, apprenticeship/mentorship programs, culture enriching programs, etc.
- Facilitate thought provoking discussions with eBayer’s and lead strategy sessions.
- Continuously measure the impact of initiatives to inform decision making.
- Manage global DE&I budget.
- Design and launch company-wide DE&I governance model.
People Team and Business Advisory Services
Serve as advisor and collaborator with cross-functional executives and partners and be responsible for driving strategic efforts to hire and retain a diverse and skilled workforce while driving inclusion and building a sense of belonging.
- Serve as DE&I business partner to various business units, including North Americas, Corporate Functions, Business & Strategy, Growth and more.
- Lead as an advocate, mentor and resource to all employees.
- Use data to inform decisions and act as a consultant for all aspects of the employee lifecycle, including: recruiting, onboarding, performance management, org planning, L&D, leadership development, etc.
- Own relationships with external partners to grow our impact in the communities we serve.
Industry Intelligence and Voice of DE&I
Use industry and academic insights to remain at the forefront of emerging trends and solutions. You keep your finger on the pulse of the latest research and use that to advise the strategic direction for the team and company.
- Research and provide competitive insights from both an employment and business perspective.
- Build and implement a communications strategy to provide direction on improving internal and external channels.
- Bring a narrative approach and use powerful storytelling to build impact.
Operations and Initiatives Oversight
Serve as the strategic and operational partner to the Program Management team for DE&I initiatives. This includes:
- Crafting and implementing the team's initiative roadmap.
- Directing and advising cross-functional programs to deliver impact.
- Orchestrate and present at events supporting the DE&I strategy across partnerships both internally and with external communities.
Are you are committed to supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion? Do you inspire as a leader, thought partner, and agent of change. Are you comfortable with ambiguity and constant change? If yes,
You also bring the following to the table:
- Proven success collaborating, establishing rapport, and delivering with impact through your strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record in managing change within a dynamic, matrixed organization.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with experience in multiple communication modes, including social media.
- Experiencing identifying and implementing standard methodologies with a command of DE&I concepts, challenges, and opportunities.
- Experience working with and advising executive leaders to drive transformational change and adoption.
- Creative thinking and the ability to articulate a vision and operational priorities to teams across the organization.
- At least 8 years of experience in scoping, designing, and implementing DE&I programs at scale. Experience working as a HR Business Partner a plus.
- Master’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Flexibility to travel (sometimes internationally) when needed.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
ecommerce for everyone