Head of People & Culture
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fourthwall gives creators the freedom to focus on creating.
We enable creators (YouTubers, Instagrammers, Podcasters, etc. -- anyone with a large online audience) to make money by opening beautiful, fully customized online shops where they can sell merchandise, accept donations, and offer memberships. Our mission is to make the money-making side of content creation easy and let creators focus on what matters: Creating great content and interacting with their fans.
Our culture is built around the philosophy of putting our customers, the creators, first. If you are talented, hardworking, and love helping others, we would love to talk to you about joining our team!
Founded by Will Baumann (prev. CEO/founder of SmartReceipts + Amazon), Walker Williams (prev. co-founder/CEO of Teespring), and Eli Valentin (prev. KPMG), Fourthwall is backed by over $17MM in funding from Initialized (Alexis Ohanian) and Lightspeed (Jana Messerschmidt).
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and driven People leader to play a key role in building an inclusive, high-performance workplace to enable our next phase of growth. Reporting to the COO, this person will be responsible for all aspects of recruiting & onboarding, employee relations, workplace experience, and diversity & inclusion. The ideal candidate will be extremely adept at connecting with all employees on a personal level while maintaining focus on the strategic needs of the business.
We're looking for a candidate that is comfortable with a hybrid-office role (expected to be in office 1-2 days/week) in our Venice, California location.
What you will do
- Create a world-class global workplace experience with initial focus on recruiting high performing team members
- Develop the structure for a robust recruiting pipeline program, manage day-to-day recruiting processes, conduct candidate screening interviews, and drive pipeline tracking and analytics
- Partner with leadership team to develop a compelling employer brand and ensure our competitiveness in the market for talent
- Coordinate and evolve employee onboarding program
- Lead the development of internal job layering and compensation analysis
- Research, evaluate and implement employee engagement and management feedback systems and processes
- Oversee benefits administration, immigration, compliance, and reporting functions
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience in human resources, people operations, organizational development, and/or business administration roles
- Strong recruitment experience and track record of building high performing teams
- Firsthand working knowledge and/or implementation of recruiting and employee engagement platforms
- Startup mentality to thrive in a fast-paced environment with clarity, urgency and focus
- Aptitude to favor practical choices with speed and a respect for ruthless prioritization
- Acute ability to focus on the things that matter and push back on things that don’t
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves no matter what the challenge is
- Extremely high emotional intelligence and ability to influence senior stakeholders
- An interesting and demanding project that you have a real influence on
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Maternity & Parental leave
- Flexible PTO
- Work in a team of experienced experts and amazing people
- Equipment tailored to your requirements
It's also worth noting that we encourage anyone to apply that may be interested, even if you feel you don't meet 100% of the qualifications above. This is our first time hiring for these roles and there is a good chance we may have overlooked, under-counted, or over-indexed on some of these qualifications. So, please — apply. You know what they say about missing shots...
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
make a living doing what you love