People Analyst, DEI Analytics
This job is no longer accepting applications.
(Locations: Atlanta, GA, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; New York, NY, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA)
People Analyst, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Analytics
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of work experience, including 3 years of experience analyzing data sets and communicating insights/analysis to executive leaders.
- Experience collaborating on projects across organizational boundaries.
- Experience in SQL, advanced spreadsheet software, R, Python, or other scripting languages.
- Experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion data analysis.
- Experience working in areas like people analytics, diversity, management consulting, executive communication, or HR business partnership.
- Ability to successfully deliver timely results to multiple stakeholders with competing priorities.
- Attention to detail and ability to thrive in a matrixed environment.
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills, including engagement with executive leadership.
About the job
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making, and our HR organization is no exception. The People Analytics team acts as an internal innovation lab, using analytical approaches to make sure Google continues to be a great place to work. The team provides critical support to the business around issues of organizational health and is responsible for not just taking the pulse of our Googlers, but harnessing Googler feedback to drive change for the better. As an analyst you'll be detail-oriented and conscientious, analytical and curious. You're a strong problem-solver, who uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done. And on top of it all, you're someone who wonders "What if?" and then seeks out the solution.
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Analytics team uses data and analytics to advance a more diverse, fair, accessible, and inclusive Google. As the People Analyst, you will set, promote, and track progress on Google’s diversity, equity, and inclusion goals with partners across People Operations and Employee Engagement. You will work with many different types of HR data including demographic representation, attrition, promotion, and survey response data. You will set and lead our data engagement strategy and build our scaled analytical offerings, all in service of creating a more diverse, fair, accessible, and inclusive Google.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as "Human Resources"). We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $118,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Set the strategy and then architect, develop, and automate data and analytics solutions that provide Googlers with insights and a clear path for taking action in service of Google’s diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Promote and execute analytical projects that have lasting impact on diversity, equity, and inclusion at Google.
- Design and conduct thorough business analyses (including forecasting and dashboard development) to identify trends, and translate data into actionable insights.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams in People Operations to push projects forward at the right cadence.
- Create compelling narratives to share findings and insights with key stakeholders, including executive leaders.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
do the right thing