Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join our HR Team at Helen of Troy as a Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Manager and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands, including our 8 leadership brands: OXO, Hydro Flask, Vicks, Braun, Honeywell, PUR, Hot Tools, Drybar. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day!
Look around you at home, and you'll find us everywhere:
In your kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. We are already making your everyday lives better. We are powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. Whether you are just starting your career or in need of a challenge, we recognize, develop, and empower talent!
The Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging (DEIB) Manager will play an integral role in building organizational strength by contributing to the organization’s strategy to Attract, Retain, Unify, Train and Include the Best People. This highly visible role will lead the execution of our DEI&B Strategies designed to build a Culture of Belonging for all. By providing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion experience & expertise work through understanding the different needs of our global workforce. This leadership role will work across multiple groups to ensure that all employees are seen, and all voices are heard. They will ensure all DEIB programs are driving progress and change against our DEIB goals, manage partners at varying stages of leadership, and can influence across all levels of the organization and locations.
What you'll be doing:
The DEIB Manager is expected to navigate the complexity of our global organization and thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment using strong ideas, decision making, relationship-building skills. They will own outcomes, drive high-quality results, and Champion The Power of ONE Culture.
- Apply project/program management framework to implement global projects
- Research and design programs and successfully complete and meet project deadlines
- Lead a team of non-direct reports to complete projects/programs
- Partner with Talent Acquisition team to ensure hiring goals are being met and provide support and guidance when needed
- Build infrastructure with resources and tools needed to sustain our DEIB framework
- Review all survey data and exit interview data to ensure strategies are on target to address gaps
- Partner with HRBP's to understand the needs of the organization and make recommendations
- Provide subject matter expertise, support, and guidance to the Global HR Team, Managers, and associates. Influence as needed.
- Promote continuous learning & willingness, provide mentorship & feedback when appropriate
- Establish relationships with key partners and serve as a champion for Inclusion & Belonging for all
- Lead all aspects and provide guidance to employee resource groups, culture champion network, listening sessions, DEIB committees
- Champion a diverse workforce throughout the employee lifecycle
- Partner with global training to recommend innovative, best in class training to solve gaps
- Collaborate with multiple HR functions (HRBP's, Compensation, Benefits & Wellness, Communications, Training) to support and implement DE&I strategy
- Audit HR practices and programs to ensure Equity & Inclusion for all employees
- Partner with culture team to lead DEI Champion Network & Steering Committee and conduct focus groups
- Provide direction & expert knowledge on the design of a global mentor program and sponsorship programs. Facilitate training programs related to DE&I
- Interpret data and translate it into actionable insights, recommendations, and action plans.
- Forecast and analyze the efficiency of DEI&B programs. Report on progress and find opportunities for future areas of focus
- Partner with HRIS to track, assess and report out trends on a quarterly basis and deliver high-quality data/dashboards
- Apply innovative ways to use data and interdisciplinary approaches to uplift disadvantaged and underrepresented groups
- Apply analytical skills and background to identify patterns in data and provide evidence-based recommendations to further the companies’ diversity & cultural goals
- Create and maintain internal documentation for ESG Reporting
Skills needed to be successful:
- Ability to be a great partner in a fast-paced organization, coordinating time and resources according to shifting priorities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written with an executive presence.
- Ability to effectively influence senior leadership
- Experience working in a global organization with cross-functional teams
- Enjoys program-solving and taking on challenges
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
- 5+ years of experience leading DE&I Programs or Projects
- Sound knowledge of anti-discrimination, equal employment opportunity policies, and labor & human rights legislation
- Validated results in implementing DE&I strategies & programs in global organizations
- Facilitating DE&I workshops and training
- Interpreting data and analytics to develop insights and drive decision-making & meaningful change
- Experience and success with building and implementing shared interest groups Employee Resource Group (ERG) and Business Resource Group (BRG)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- DE&I Certification
- ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) knowledge experience is desirable
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skillset, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any protected basis.
We will provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000 #LI-DNP.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
leading global consumer products company offering creative solutions for customers through a diversified portfolio of recognized & trusted brands