Chief People and Operations Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Chief People and Operations Officer is a full-time, salaried position that reports to our Chief Executive Officer and President.
The mission of the Chief People and Operations Officer is to clear an operational path to our long-term vision through forward thinking, strategic, and agile business support that serves as the internal architecture we need to hold the weight of rapid scaling. By envisioning and creating elegant, efficient systems, processes and solutions, the Chief Operations Officer will enable us to achieve big, better, faster, and more cost-effective results company wide.
Applicants should have a deep expertise at scaling businesses operationally, but also have a UX and design sensibility, and an unusual passion and proficiency for beautifully integrated systems that reduce friction and drive operating results.
This includes supervising the functions of general operations and business support, legal/risk management, human resources, operational policies and procedures, facilities management, internal automations, companywide project management, standard operating procedures, and goal tracking with real-time data analysis, and operational report creation/presentation.
The mission of the Chief People and Operations Officer will be accomplished by producing clarity, driving innovation, and providing visionary leadership in the areas of responsibility below.
1. Operational Systems Design: Partner with the Executive Leadership Team on all operational issues as they arise, designing agile operational systems and solutions and providing strategic operational recommendations based on analysis and projections that allow us to scale with efficiency. Participate in the ongoing strategic planning process as the Company's strategic priorities change throughout the year.
2. Human Resources Management: Supervise and oversee the company's Human Resources department, including the Director of Human Resources. Ensure that our human resources functions, onboarding, learning and development, benefits administration, and policies and procedures are clearly defined, and in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, and support our company culture and the needs of our business, as we scale. Develop a comprehensive strategy for recruiting top talent from diverse backgrounds.
3. Legal / Risk Management: Evaluate the potential risks and rewards of any new business opportunities by ensuring that all team members perform the necessary due diligence to make quality decisions. Maintain strong relationships with insurance, legal, and other business support providers to minimize the Company's risk and liability exposure wherever possible.
4. Facilities Management: Curate an office environment that is in alignment with our core values and create a relentless wow employee experience inspired by upscale hospitality best practices. Supervise Director of Operations and an eventual Director of Facilities. Ensure facilities comply with OSHA and other legal requirements. Oversee office space expansion, alongside the Director of Operations, and ensure build out is completed on time and on budget.
5. Supervision: Supervise the Director of HR, Director of Operations, and an eventual Director of Facilities to ensure proper completion of all business support functions. Supervise and collaborate with external partners and contractors, as needed.
6. Company Wide Project Management and Standard Operating Procedures:
Work alongside the Chief of Staff, Director of Operations, and Internal Automation
Specialist to ensure that companywide initiatives, goals, projects and tasks are
completed. Design agile systems that leverage technology to track KPIs and goal
achievement, while creating visionary standard operating procedures that will allow us to efficiently scale. Report on trends and provide vision for future projects.
● BA in Business Administration or similar required; MBA or other advanced degree is highly preferred.
● Professional Experience:
- 5-10 years of operational or business leadership as a COO, CBO, or other
- Executive equivalent, preferably in a high-growth environment.
- An operational enthusiast who adopts technology solutions early and is a quick learner of new applications with an aptitude for complex application integrations.
- High proficiency for operational design and efficiency. Certifications in Six Sigma, Agile, or Kaizen equivalents, preferred.
- Has deep knowledge of Human Resource regulations, and has successfully scaled HR functions (hiring, learning and development, benefits administration, etc) for a rapidly scaling company.
- Must have a vision for systems, processes, and automations that enable us to hire 100+ people per year.
- Has demonstrated successful partnerships with a CFO and successful financial management
- A seasoned leader of teams with demonstrated expertise in setting vision, securing alignment, and driving consistent, high-performance execution.
- An expert decision-maker capable of taking complex information and risk considerations and making quick, high-quality decisions and recommendations with confidence.
- Strong communicator, both in writing and in person; passion and proficiency in confidently delivering presentations to executives and the entire team as needed.
Local candidates only - no relocation assistance
Address: 5501 Virginia Way #120, Brentwood, TN 37027, United States
Your application has been successfully submitted.
talent solutions for your business